QT features?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Jayford, Mar 24, 2006.

1. BSAM

BSAM

Wow......Thanks Jerry. This is very, very close to what I have been wanting. It seems to prevent scrolling when I maximize the chart; however, this is still very doable. Thanks.

Also, I picked up a few tips from your post on page one of this thread. Didn't know about some of the features.

Now.....Let's talk about the QT crosshair for the charts. The way the horizontal crosshair "jumps" to the close of each candle drives me nuts!!! What I like is the "Freestyle Default". But, when I set my charts to the Freestyle Default, I then lose the OHLC and volume info box for each candle. [Don't tell me this isn't feasible Jerry. That's what you told me about the up/down arrows, then you proved yourself wrong!!! ;-) ]

Again, thanks for all the good work you do at QuoteTracker!!

#11     Mar 24, 2006
  2. BSAM - why don't you leave the default on freestyle, then when you want it to act as the normal cross-hair, hold down the ALT key

#12     Mar 24, 2006
  3. BSAM

BSAM

:) Thanks Jerry. Good show. I'm gonna stop now before some folks start accusing me of spamming for you!!!:)

#13     Mar 24, 2006
  4. LOL. I have to wonder how many more things there are that I still do not know and I have been using QT for quite awhile. This is very handy. Usually I do not want the crosshairs but at times I want to check something. Very nice.

#14     Mar 25, 2006
  5. These replies are encouraging. Guess I'll spend some quality time testing (learning) the software now.

Two concerns:

1) what do you mean 10 day limit. I thought it all depends on your time frame/ frequency (I still don't understand the diff between these two. A 5 min chart has bars of 5 mins. Is that time frame or frequency?).

10 days is plenty for a 5 min chart, but not enough for a 60 min. Is that what you are referring to?

2) Puny OHLC bars? Can't you size them as you wish? This would definitely be a major flaw if you cannot, but I can't imagine this.

Cheers,

Jay

#15     Mar 25, 2006
  6. the total time displayed on the X axis of the chart is the time period. The time covered by each bar is the frequency. So if you have a 10 day, 60 min freq chart, you will see 70 bars (7 bars per day)

OHLC - QT resizes the bars dynamically as needed. Try it

#16     Mar 25, 2006
  7. There is a ten day max on the charts which 90% of the time is sufficient for me. The only time there is a problem is when I cant see the swing highs and lows that are coming in to play but I just pull up a historical chart when needed. Finally someone agrees with me about bar thickness. Almost everybody uses candlesticks so we bar users get neglected. Apparently there is a problem in making this an option but it puzzles me as the candles are nice and fat. :)

#17     Mar 25, 2006
  8. romik

romik

The problem is in not very user friendly help directory, i really like QT (+ IQ feed) for what I do, depending upon various types of trading methods, people either love it or do not find it flexible enough, but I find the problem is in the manual. I just can't find info on certain features of the software.

#18     Mar 25, 2006
  9. romik

romik

Just to add.

Jerry, your software is very good, perhaps excellent considering costs. But, let's take myself for instance, I don't come from a technical background, I need simple clearly defined explanations of how to use a program. There is nothing wrong with keeping things simple. I don't want to bother e-mailing your excellent customer support every time I can't find explanation of certain features in the manual :) It takes a good programmer to write good software, unfortunately these people are not great at explaining to the rest of us how that program works.

#19     Mar 25, 2006
  10. romik

I had a digital camera I used for three years and didnt know it had a memory card in it until the other day because.......I didnt read the manual. I know it is stupid but I seldom read manuals and one of the really great things about QT is that for those hardheads like me, you can get a response within minutes for any stupid question via email which, to me, is much easier and probably faster than finding it in a manual.

#20     Mar 25, 2006