QQQQ trading system for a hedge fund

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Option Trader, Mar 27, 2006.

1. man

man

yes. there is no uptick rule above a trade volume of USDm 2.34 (rounded; as of yesterday).

#21     Mar 31, 2006
  2. Some of you guys look like your having a lot of fun. :D

Where a response is appropriate, hoping to do so on Sunday.

#22     Mar 31, 2006
  3. We can sell to you trading strategy. It cost 330 000 usd. 8 years Operation, Experience. :D

#23     Mar 31, 2006
  4. Just wondering why you specifically wanted to trade the QQQQ's. Wouldn't it be easier to trade the emini's? That has been my experience.

#24     Mar 31, 2006
  5. Hamlet

Hamlet

Ahhh yes indeed. He said 5% of his cut. I missed that.

Now I know with certainty this is an April Fool.

#25     Mar 31, 2006
  6. ==========
    Option Trader;
    Frankly, dont know a QQQQ system for sale like that @ present time; & that sounds like a starting , rather than final offer.

However I remember your nickname/your relatives name;
    and Interactive Brokers cut derivative commissions within 20 days of your public work on @ commissions negotiations.

Not a prediction , but with sell/buy volume increasing for both derivatives & stocks and exchanges/brokerages a hot group;
    probably see that trend of lower commissions continue.:cool:

#26     Mar 31, 2006
  7. toc

toc

"USDm 2.34" does this mean 2.34 Million Dollar account is need to avoid the uptick rule on QQQQ.

#27     Mar 31, 2006
  8. Not sure where you are getting your information from:
    This is what Investopedia says about the uptick rule: The uptick rule is disregarded when trading some types of financial instruments such as futures, single stock futures, currencies or market ETFs such as the QQQQ or SPDRs. These instruments can be shorted on a downtick because they are highly liquid and have enough buyers willing to enter into a long position, ensuring that the price will rarely be driven to unjustifiably low levels.

Better yet, this is Nasdaq themselves:
    QQQ, unlike common stock, is exempt from the SEC rule that prohibits selling short on a downtick, or a last sale price lower than the preceding last sale price. In other words, you are allowed to sell QQQ short after its price is already going down, allowing you to react more effectively to downturns in the market or the NASDAQ-100 Index. This exemption gives QQQ added utility as an active trading tool, and it's one of several features which help make QQQ popular among the most active investors. http://www.nasdaq.com/aspxcontent/qqqq/EXPLOREQQQ/Training_Strategies/default.aspx

#28     Apr 2, 2006
  9. The way I perceive things: Selling a great idea to 20 hedge funds who would each pay $100k for your idea would mean $2 million per year--w/o the need to manage the fund.

I agree it's a terrible deal if: you're managing his fund (which is not being offered), it would be at the expense of your own activity (unlikely), or the fund manager was desperate for your idea (which I highly doubt).

Other than that, I will tell him that if he ends up developing his own top quality & provable trading system, that you're his first customer for the idea (at 1% per year) and you will easily find him another 19 hedge funds who will pay the same--then he can retire. :)

Nevertheless, you can always make an offer if your system is really that top notch & really that quantifiable.

#29     Apr 2, 2006
  10. I can offer system

#30     Apr 3, 2006