QQQQ trading system for a hedge fund

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Option Trader, Mar 27, 2006.

1. My partner has a hedge fund, and I am looking for a profitable QQQQ trading system on his behalf. If you have a backtested and time-tested strategy that works consistantly and reliably, he is willing to offer 5% of his cut on an ongoing basis.

Please send me a PM with your phone number if you know someone who fits the bill.

2. Wow! A whole 5%?

3. YES!! The fund is big.
    So unless yours is that exceptional, if you ask too much, he'll just develop his own.

4. Do I have to reveal system rules or I am just giving signals ?
    What is the conservative figure for 5% ?

my email is walter904us@yahoo.com

5. Choad

Choad

You asked for it. You got it.

http://www.timingcube.com/

I don't use them, but Hulbert tracks it and I've seen them written up, positively, in several financial pubs.

Send my 5% fee to: Choad, c/o Elite Trader, The Internet

:cool:

6. We're necessarily talking system rules, as the quality of the system must be quantifiable.

There's enough okay (and not so okay) tracked systems that send signals--this must be something beyond that.

In terms of numbers, the quality of the system will determine the profitability. Hypothetically speaking, if the fund profits $4 million per year, after his 20% cut, your cut would mean $40k per year.

7. :) It must be something beyond what's provided to the public.

8. mind

mind

i wonder if people find that attractive. i mean you basically require probably 20something percent pa, so the system has to move 20m to make your 4m.
    a system trader needs 200k to make these 40k share (=20% pa). now use twice the leverage and the figure is at 100k. i would think that the quality you require will be not met by anyone who trades below 100k. i might be wrong, but i do not think you will be too happy with the outcome of this ...

9. landboy

landboy

I agree, assuming 20% p.a, making 4 million on a 20 million dollar fund doesn't sound all that exciting, sorry to say, 20 million doesn't go that far anymore...

10. Reply to landboy and mind:

1. The hedge fund has no limits of fund availability for a system that is top notch.
    2. The system owner will not be precluded from using it upon sale.

#10     Mar 29, 2006