QQQQ & SPY Options Trading: 1 Trade per day with $2,000 Account

Discussion in 'Options' started by increasenow, Feb 11, 2009.

1. any of you trade VIX options?in tande. or as well as SPY options?

#21     Feb 15, 2009
  2. Can you give an update on your options positions? I am interested in following along. What is your bias regarding either buying the put or calls?

#22     Feb 15, 2009
  3. spindr0

spindr0

Thanks for providing the link and clearing that up.

#23     Feb 15, 2009
  4. I sent you a PM in regards to your question via PM...will update more on my position asap..

#24     Feb 15, 2009
  5. these 2 trades turned out to be totally awesome...will write more later...only wish it was with real $$$...also, glad I held when the drawdown was great as noted...really learned something on that...point

#25     Feb 17, 2009
  6. Here's a question:

What did you learn?

Did you learn that holding risky positions is a good idea because the markets will reverse direction to save you?

Did you learn that risk management is for sissies?

I truly believe you would have learned something very useful if these trades were big losers instead of being 'awesome.'

For more on the idea that early success is not always a good thing, see:
    http://blog.mdwoptions.com/options_for_rookies/2008/08/premature-celebration.html

Mark

#26     Feb 17, 2009
  7. I realize you have some experience, and you're on point with this idiot, but must you spam with your blog address on every post you make?

#27     Feb 17, 2009
  8. No.
    But I'll post it less frequently.

Mark

#28     Feb 17, 2009
  9. again...will post more later...truly excited about trading the SPY and QQQQ options live and real!thanks for the encourgement!

#29     Feb 17, 2009
  10. I am sure some of you recognise "....", sound familiar, right ?

Last time "someone" claimed that he make a good living by trading oil, and make a few hundred "pound" a day and claim to post his profit result in live (and obviously he never did this as he loss money most of the time).

From the way this guy mention about options, the answer is obvious - Good luck :D

#30     Feb 17, 2009