Qqqq`s Will Break 43 Today Or Tuesday!!!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by BlueStreek, Dec 22, 2006.

1. S2007S

S2007S

I think seeing the dow sell off today will only bring in buyers due to what they think may be "oversold" conditions.

#51     Dec 22, 2006
  2. well i am not too much into past history....too many new variables......i think the ism will be bad, and every prudent money manager should know that, or let me start managing your money, ism jan 02nd (if i remember)---and the fact that this runnup was basically straight up since july (they borrowed a lot from any near-term gains) this market should sell off pretty good by options expiration jan 07.

Nice to see a couple days where dip buying wasn`t "crazily successful" you actually had to think about your trade instead of just buying at 2:00 central time anything in the market and then just letting it ride straight to the close.

We backed off those moves at around 2:30 central time for two days in a row.

#52     Dec 22, 2006
  3. people are hedging the qqqq`s ah....down to 42.88......nice call blueStreek........on reflection we did some pretty heavy technical damage today:)

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=qqqq

#53     Dec 22, 2006
  4. next stop 42.50.

#54     Dec 22, 2006
  5. I'm inclined to think that T+3 settlement rule means we might see some sell off to follow through next week and then some bounce in the beginning of the new year (with possibly the Dow making another new high and NDX most likely not confirming it).

#55     Dec 22, 2006
  6. S2007S

S2007S

many of the articles im reading are talking about going long into next week. Im holding SMH for next week, may buy some QLD Tuesday if there is a dip in the early morning, would like to get it under 80.50 for a possible bounce back to 82 area.

NDX close was 1748, think it could climb back to the 1775-1780 area. Im bearish on this market, any long positions I take are for daytrades or swingtrades. Im still waiting patiently for the 3-5% pullback.

#56     Dec 22, 2006
  7. LT701

LT701

you know what?

next week, it will go up UNLESS, it goes down

on the other hand, it might stay flat

anyone who tells you more than that, is lying

#57     Dec 22, 2006
  8. S2007S

S2007S

The dow could make a new high above 12500, that is possible especially going into January but beyond that point I think a pullback is certain going into the 1st qu of 2007. Any sign of a recession or a housing market that doesnt show signs of improving could signal a selloff. Next year $1 Trillion+ of ARMS will reset causing foreclosures. Selloff in the markets could easily be a 5% to as much as 10% selloff.

#58     Dec 22, 2006
  9. you know what?

next week, it will go up UNLESS, it goes down

on the other hand, it might stay flat

anyone who tells you more than that, is lying

well since deception is very profitable, i`ll say after looking at some charts that the dow and snp both still have a lot of giving back to do THIS YEAR.

Next week will be a 'net' down week for both the dow and snp, they can no longer hold up the qqqq`s which are sinking faster than the titanic.

so I would be shorting any rallies next week right nobody:)

#59     Dec 22, 2006
  10. Tums

Tums

rally at close before holiday? what an interesting concept.

put yourself in the investor's shoe (remember most people only long stocks), what would you do if...

1. you have a profit?
    2. you have a loss?

if you have a profit, wouldn't you take it off the table and go to enjoy a nice Christmas dinner with the family?

if you have a loss, why let it hang over your head? settle it, and fight another battle another day.

#60     Dec 22, 2006