QQQQ is not exempt from downtick rule anymore…?!

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by qxr1011, Jan 24, 2006.

1. qxr1011

qxr1011

already did: it did not executed on downtick

#11     Jan 24, 2006
  2. qxr1011

qxr1011

===the above is not a substitute hard to borrow list for any individual broker.==

qqqq is not hard to borrow.... this list is for treshold securtities...

===lack of knowledge on ET board is incredible ===

as long as you are here we are safe :)

#12     Jan 24, 2006
  3. joe_blo

joe_blo

Inet still allows you to short QQQQ on downtick.
    Problem is most likely with your broker.

#13     Jan 24, 2006
  4. alanm

alanm

Quote from qxr1011:
    This is a link to a bulletin from INET.

http://www.inetats.com/subscribers/emailarchive/2006/20060118_2.asp

Started Monday January 23, 2006 I found that all my short sale trades on QQQQ we delayed awaiting the uptick.

I spoke with my broker (JPR Capital). He called INET spoke with their trading desk and they told him that QQQQ is not exempt and will require uptick on short selles.

The rep at JPR, INET, or both were clueless. Did you read the notice? It has nothing to do with changing the exempt status of any stock. JPR is simply sending the order without marking it exempt and INET is now rejecting or applying the upbid rule as a result. JPR needs to fix their system.

#14     Jan 24, 2006
  5. qxr1011

qxr1011

===The rep at JPR, INET, or both were clueless. Did you read the notice? It has nothing to do with changing the exempt status of any stock. JPR is simply sending the order without marking it exempt and INET is now rejecting or applying the upbid rule as a result. JPR needs to fix their system.===

Yes I did read a notice. The problem is it mentions short-sales exempt based on reg. 3350

NASD Rule 3350 does not includes QQQQ as being exempt, so legally broker can not request exemption, assuming INET bulletine is correct.

I'll talk to NASDAQ general council rep tomorrow about that.

#15     Jan 24, 2006
  6. qxr1011

qxr1011

official confirmation: QQQQ is exempt !

Now I'll try to find out what's going on with INET execution.

#16     Jan 25, 2006
  7. qxr1011

qxr1011

Got this from the broker:

"Your short at 9:30 yesterday took 7 seconds to be executed. It was routed out at first for best execution and then an acknowledgement had to be received before it swept through the INET book to be filled. "

That is news to me, since I was crossing the market, and there were available volume at the othet side of INET book..

#17     Jan 25, 2006
  8. qxr1011

qxr1011

It looks that you are right on the money here :)

#18     Jan 25, 2006