qqqq channel hasn't broken yet

Discussion in 'Trading' started by dtrader98, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Everyone's a genius when drawing lines AFTER the fact. Who cares however way you draw the line. What matters is WHAT YOU DID.

T/A is just a bunch of crap. You see what you want to see and rationalize and story tell after the fact. No different than palm readers.

If T/A was the answer to everything, there would be millions of people who are billionaire's using T/A.

Think about it. How many T/A readers are on the Forbes list?

#11     Jan 26, 2007
  2. leethe2nd

leethe2nd

Paul Tudor Jones

#12     Jan 26, 2007
  3. Technical Analysis isn't just drawing lines. It is recognizing patterns, interpreting momentum indicators, and understanding trends. To say it is a bunch of crap is more telling that you are one who is unable to find success through technical analysis than anything else. Every big firm has analysts who specialize in technical analysis. Why would that be if it is a bunch of crap?

There are plenty of people who can be successful without technical analysis, but I doubt they would come out and say something like this. Most successful traders would say that if it is making you money, then by all means, that is how you should trade.

I would be curious to know how you trade though. I always feel that the people who trash TA are strictly tape readers and level II scalpers. Even fundamental traders look at support and resistance points which falls under the realm of technical analysis.

#13     Jan 26, 2007