QQQQ by Joab

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Joab, Apr 20, 2007.

1. This is called denial. There is nothign unusual or usual. Only the quoted price. Your opinion has no bearing on the market.

#41     Apr 26, 2007
  2. Joab

Joab

This is called "understanding auction dynamics" and reading price behavior as it relates.

The bottomline is when your wrong have a well defined exit strategy which I executed as per my trading plan.

So even though I'm confused slightly (I'm sure it will be revealed in time) I'm not unhappy with myself or the trade.

#42     Apr 26, 2007
  3. "This is called understanding auction dynamics" - Uh, right.

#43     Apr 26, 2007
  4. I told you place it at 46.56 yesterday... HOD at 46.54 at least you would have lasted a bit longer.

#44     Apr 26, 2007
  5. MSFT up 3.6% in AH great earnings

#45     Apr 26, 2007
  6. It never works to fight the trend (had to learn that the hard way myself).

When using multi-frame analysis for intra-day, I like the 60/15/5 minute combo.

When using longer time frame strategies which don't involve as much leverage, the 60 minute will suffice.

Good trading,

Jimmy Jam

#46     Apr 28, 2007
  7. ==============
    Good points;
    but disagree on'' nothing unusual''Could call it a 5 year uptrend ;
    also could call it an unusual breakout of a 5 year trading range,
    $45.45 area closes had been resistance for 5 years.:cool:

#47     Apr 28, 2007
  8. And up 7 weeks straight closing;
    strange for QQQQ:cool:

#48     Apr 28, 2007
  9. You should definitely pay attention to public shorts. If you would have been watching the sentiment you would have seen that we are in a big short squeeze right now. The public shorts have been very high the past two months. That would have kept you out of this type of trade. Never short a short squeeze.

The majority doesn't believe in this up move which is giving the extra fuel to push beyond rational levels. When the market does finally squeeze all the shorts out and they go long we will see another big dump day, and typically may has good sized declines.

#49     Apr 29, 2007
  10. bluud

bluud

Are you still short QQQQ .... I am ... AH currently 45.89

#50     Apr 30, 2007