QM volume

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by tatsimon, Feb 2, 2007.

1. If you can afford to trade CL, the real deal is there, 1cent spread and 10 times the dollar volume.

#21     Feb 7, 2007
  2. lwlee

lwlee

CL definitely has the most mojo of the major future markets. I thought the er2 had some juice but clearly the CL is in a different league.

#22     Feb 7, 2007
  3. virgin

virgin

Anybody has a link to the daily volumes of the CL , electronic and pit ?

#23     Feb 7, 2007
  4. Considering the symbol for CL is same electronic and pit, how do you specify not to trade it via pit? I haven't traded the big ct for years, and my pit executions were ugly to say the least.

cheers,

Jay

#24     Feb 8, 2007
  5. cmaxb

cmaxb

Looks like volume is declining rapidly. Within six months, will it even be (day)tradeable?

#25     Feb 25, 2007
  6. probably the large specs trade CL instead since it became electronic side by side with the pit trade

QM still offers advantages to the smaller retail spec
    with the volatility these days in crude

#26     Feb 25, 2007
  7. virgin, you really are a virgin..

got the nymex website...nymex.com and look for daily reports. im not going to show you becuase it will do you good finding it yourself. Daily Vols are recorded for EVERYTHING that trades on the nymex

brentfutures

#27     Mar 13, 2007
  8. virgin

virgin

It's people with your attitude that fu..
    up elitetrader. You take more time for writing what you did instead of posting the link.

Thanks.

#28     Mar 13, 2007
  9. http://www.nymex.com/ewd_fact_sheet.aspx

press accept, the little button at the bottom of the page.

use your mouse to scroll down....

hover your left mouse button over the desired factsheet and click it once. it opens it.

PS. Dont start slating mate, you have to help yourself a little aswell. the whole purpose of elitetrader is to learn, share ideas ertc not to spoon feed everyone and anyone. I beleive i gave you enough info to get yourself started, it benefits you more to learn than for me to just tell you.

take it easy..

#29     Mar 13, 2007
  10. PJKIII

PJKIII

Hey BrentFutures, I noted your name and have had a question of late that relates directly to it. Specifically, do you know why the WTI/Brent spread has blown out to over three bucks recently? In the past they have been close to parity, and as recently as a year or two ago WTI traded at a premium to Brent. Brent trading over WTI is not all that new, but trading 3 bucks over WTI definitely is (although not unprecedented). I guess the K contract is closer (was a 1.00 yesterday), but J was 3 dollars plus as of this AM. I have asked a lot of people I know who trade crude and few seem to have any plausible explanation. Any light you could shed on this would be most appreciated. Thanks very much.

Cheers...

#30     Mar 15, 2007