QM Trader Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by celedus, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Ebo

Ebo

Oil and gas are not fun if you are not accustomed to huge swings.
    Try one lots of YM to start.

#11     Aug 18, 2005
  2. TGM

TGM

open an account with IB. You get realtime quotes and all with an account. Only need 2k there. Hook up a charting program like Sierra (only like 70 bucks for a year). You can use a simulator like Zerolinetrader for free (the real thing is only 50 bucks a year).

that would be my advice and invest some time in learning about strategies before you risk real money. You could have bought a few books with that 1200 bucks. Let that be a lesson. 1200 is not alot to pay for that kind of lesson. Others have lost a whole lot more.

#12     Aug 18, 2005
  3. celedus

celedus

Thanks everyone for your advice.

Would you suggest any book TGM?

#13     Aug 18, 2005
  4. celedus

celedus

Thanks Ebo, I will stick to YM,

This Zerolinetrader stuff is nice - I guess I need some practice with that first.

Thanks all - this board is really full of experienced and helpful people.

Have good trades! (Not like my stinky trades :)

#14     Aug 18, 2005

5. DEVELOP A STRATEGY -
    THEN PAPER TRADE
    RETOOL STRATGEY
    PAPER TRADE SOME MORE
    THEN COMMENCE REALTIME TRADING WITH VERY SMALL SIZE ON LIQUID/MODERATE VOLATIITY MARKETS

I rarely use all caps - so take that as a message!

P.S. If you do it right there is NO reason why you should be trading in a live account before 6 - 12 months. DO NOT RUSH!1

#15     Aug 18, 2005
  6. " Place a stop loss order at the time you make a trade and do not cancel it " W.D.Gann

#16     Aug 19, 2005
  7. hello

I trade the crude oil too , but according to some pros you are , when the type of trading is sclaping , wish markets can influence the crude oil every day .

thank you

#17     Aug 19, 2005
  8. We are making this more complicated that what it needs to be.

LONG QM and wait, and when there is a profit take it. And stay back, and go LONG again on a pull back. REPEAT. PROFIT.

#18     Aug 19, 2005
  9. Hmmm. Thats exactly the same advice I was getting from my barber about CSCO early 2000.:)

#19     Aug 19, 2005
  10. celedus

celedus

I have been paper trading with YM before - it has been ok, I should have stuck with YM, QM is real hifi stuff.

Thanks for everyone's advice, I will put stop loss orders and paper trade only for now and when I have a strategy then I will trade.

Thanks all!

#20     Aug 19, 2005