QM just stopped trading

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by Kensho, Mar 31, 2006.

1. Foreplay before the actual screwing :D

#11     Mar 31, 2006
  2. danoXP

danoXP

Might want to think about also trading WTI on IPE. It is the NYMEX full size West Texas Crude contract.

Price QM = Price WTI

You can trade it from IB TWS right next to QM from NYMEX. Two ways to trade the same thing is always a good thing for price and technical difficulties.

#12     Mar 31, 2006
  3. great suggestion. i just brought up all available months for wti on the ipe in tws, and no prices or spreads came up. are they trading at the moment?

#13     Mar 31, 2006
  4. danoXP

danoXP

Yes, May06..Aug06 are trading with 2 cents on May and 10 cent spread on Aug.

Dec06 is trading also with a 36 cent spread.

You must sign up for IPE Market Data:

IB Account Admin> Trading Access> Market Data Subscriptions> (Europe) International Petroleum Exchange> 1GBP

... it will cost you though ;)

#14     Mar 31, 2006
  5. Kensho

Kensho

Question:
    Just after the system went down, I was long and I wanted out so I sent a limit sell order. But since the system went down, NYMEX never acknowledged it. I canceled the order, and per IB they say that since NYMEX never acknowledged the receipt of the order they didn't acknowledge the cancel either. So now I have a 'stuck' order on my IB pending orders page with an orange color filled cell in the order status column. IB rep says it will go away next time they (NYMEX) reset their system. I'm out of the position. Anyone have this problem.

#15     Mar 31, 2006