QM - Anyone provide non-native stops?

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by erlewine, Dec 6, 2005.

1. As others have said, Clearport QM doesn't have native stop/stop limit order support.

Is anyone aware of a reputable futures broker that emulates stops on their server end for QM? I'm not interested in anything that emulates stops on the client end/my computer.

Also - if anyone is trading QM on the RJOBrien/MCD platform, are they routing electronically or are they punching in orders (I think they punch in crude Access orders)?

Thx

2. Bump

Anyone aware of a broker allowing simulated stops on QM, or if Clearport will ever accomodate stops itself?

3. mglis

mglis

cqgtrader simulates qm stops and markets orders. with over 25 fcm's you should be able to find some-one good.

4. Steve_IB

Steve_IB Interactive Brokers

IB can give you stops, stop-limits, iceberg, market, market-to-limit, conditional, trailing stop, MIT, LIT.... and maybe a few others that I missed. All of these are server based - not client based.

5. Does IB provide those server-based orders when they are placed throught other front-end platform?

6. Steve_IB

Steve_IB Interactive Brokers

That's a question for the front-end that you are using. It depends whether they send the order to us.

7. StrategyRunner

StrategyRunner Strategy Runner, Ltd.

Strategy Runner is the only platform that holds stops on the server side (located in the FCM facility)

Also if you have a blackbox developed using their API it will be residing on the server.

8. And ZeroLine trader as IB front-end?
    :confused:

9. Hoi

Hoi

Have you not read the post of Steve_IB ?
    All Order-types he mentioned are on the Server-Side, when sent by TWS, or sent by an API-program that sends it to TWS->IB-server.

I'm very sure that most API-front-ends work that way...for sure ButtonTrader, Zero-Line, Ninja, BracketTrader and many many more.

10. Hoi, "when sent by TWS, or sent by an API-program that sends it to TWS->IB-server." -- do you mean also ZeroLine trader?

#10     Dec 29, 2005