QM ...1 point = $500

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by stock_trad3r, Jun 26, 2013.

1. There are micro contracts for currencies but their volume is so low you can't day trade them.

Why would a micro QM allow manipulation? Why don't they just have it copy the QM only be worth 1/10 of the value of the big one?

#11     Jun 26, 2013
  2. this ym trade is turning out to be a disaster.
    The good news is i have tons of money elsewhere. I don't know how folks can make any money or a living doing this. I think it's random. You have 1000 traders and half lose $ and half win $ by the year end. Then you keep dividing it and after 10 rounds you have one trader with a 100% win rate but it's luck.

#12     Jun 26, 2013
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

The few who do make a living at it, don't let trades turn into disasters.

#13     Jun 27, 2013
  4. I put an automatic stop at -$250 or 14820 before getting to bed, which didn't get breached, thankfully, because now it's up a lot. Re-adusted stop accordingly.
    whew

#14     Jun 27, 2013
  5. MrN

MrN

Futures Like KC and CL are not designed for small retail punters, they are designed to appeal to producers and processors/refiners. A small retail sized contract would be a purely speculative vehicle with no economic purpose. Not that I am against that, it is just that that feature would make it unlikely to pick up significant volume and open interest.

#15     Jun 27, 2013
  6. Sold at @15000

one YM is pretty much the same as as 5 DIA. no point in holding it during the day when there are less volatile long investments with better risk/reward.

#16     Jun 27, 2013
  7. You post doesn't make any sense. If you have a smaller contract, 1/10 for example, then the commercial will buy x10. What is bad with that? it 's the same thing. It also allows for more hedging accuracy. Large contracts are designed so that small speculators lose fast to commercials through margin calls.

#17     Jun 27, 2013
  8. Those are called ETFs.

#18     Jun 27, 2013
  9. You think commercials want 10x the commissions too? It's far from the same thing and your entire post betrays your ignorance of the market.

#19     Jun 27, 2013
  10. yea but ETFs cant be traded 24/5. My solution would be to create micro contracts and have the influence be determined by the proportional energy density.

So if the micro YM (1 pt =$5) has 10x the volume as the normal one, the influence of the micro and normal would be the same.

Micro contracts would make pyramiding easier and less risk

anyway, tonight my trading system triggered another buy signal and i bought a contract at 14960 with a stop at 14928

#20     Jun 28, 2013