QID, QQQQ

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Westward, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Good move in QID! Time to flip long into QQQQ?

#21     Jan 4, 2008
  2. I took my profits on the QID today, going cash over the weekend. I am not going long, just wait for a rally to get some QID again.

#22     Jan 4, 2008
  3. by the why, Do you know how they do it? How they create such an ETF that has a reverse performance of QQQQ?

and another idea come to my mind... what will happen if market will have serious down day, all those pension funds will bet that market will continue go down, so they will buy QID like crazy.. Will it push QQQQ price lower? for me it should be like I that... so some day we may have much worse day than ever before, cos never before such huge money like pension funds and mutual funds were able to short...

#23     Jan 4, 2008
  4. S2007S

S2007S

QID helped me out today, thats the only inverse fund I own at the moment, I cashed out on the other 3 WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY to early and now regretting it,

Missed about $11 worth of profit on TWM

$7.00 on FXP

and $3.00 on DXD.

QID however I'm holding onto, this has been one of QIDs best days, many have become completely bearish over the last week, many are watching the 1400 on the s&p 500, may drop below that next week, but I believe the market is setting up for a 1-2% one day rally sometime over the next week, im still long QID and not SELLING any shares until it goes to at least $50+++, it could happen very fast. I remember last time seeing stocks drop this quick only to see them JUMP 10-15% over the next 2-3 weeks, not saying it will happen this time around but there are some ETFs I would be looking at....by the way Fast Money guys are getting a little bearish, funny how they get bearish after the fact.

#24     Jan 5, 2008
  5. S2007S

S2007S

Will it push QQQQ lower???

NO, QQQQ is an ETF that follows the NDX, QID does the opposite of what the NDX does, BUYING QID "like crazy" has no influence on where QQQQ trades.

#25     Jan 5, 2008
  6. I guess you are wrong. Just think, QID is reverse of QQQQ, if they buy QID like crazy, it push QID higher, right? the higher QID goes, the lower QQQQ goes, right?
    The main thing here is volume between QQQQ, QID, and futures NQ. If amoun of buyers of QID is higher than amount of buyers of QQQQ and NQ, than nasdaq index should fail IMHO. The main thing here is volume between those 3 , QQQQ, QID, NQ. and if volume at QID is higher amont those 3 , it will lead and dictate the direction of nasdaq.

#26     Jan 5, 2008
  7. What do you mean? Of course it can push the QQQQ lower since all these instruments (QID, QQQQ, NQ Futures) are arbitraged against the underlying stocks.

If I had $10bln in free cash (=10 times daily QID volume) and kept hitting the ask with 100k lots in the QID (=buying the QID like crazy) you bet it would pull down the UNDERLYING stocks (and hence QQQQ and NQ since they in turn are arbitraged against the underlying Nasdaq 100 stocks) since whoever is arbitraging these instruments will sell me the QID and short the underlying stocks simultaneously.

#27     Jan 5, 2008
  8. S2007S

S2007S

You guess Im wrong???

Its the stocks in the NDX that push QQQQ higher and lower....its not QQQQ that dictates where the NDX is going.......

QQQQ follows the NDX which is made up of 100 stocks, its the 100 stocks that move QQQQ up and down not the investor who is buying the hell out of QID.....

#28     Jan 5, 2008
  9. S2007S

S2007S

I dont know how that is possible, this is a very technical question. I just dont see how that is possible where if you place a buy of $10bln on the ask that it would move the nasdaq down. The NDX is made up of 100 stocks and to think that buying that much stock of QID could push the NDX lower is beyond me.

#29     Jan 5, 2008
  10. guys who actively trading futures, please, correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I understand, futures has a largest folume among other instruments, so NQ is a volume leader here, so NQ dictate the direction of QQQQ and stocks that a part of index, not reverse way as you think (and as other non-traders may think)

#30     Jan 5, 2008