QE only helps the rich!!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by S2007S, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Common sense...on ET? Wow.

QE is designed to help the government, everything else is collateral damage. Govt collects interest on the MBS it purchases, makes money.

Think outside the box of the world of markets, who benefits from low interest rates? The people paying the interest rates, you guessed it, the Feds.

If the US govt. Borrowed at 5% we'd be fucked right now, it, really all boils down to that.

Bernanke is trying to keep his job and look like tje good guy who picked up the slack when congress wouldn't, because he kept the Feds borrowing at a lower rate than the speed of money printing.

Real inflation is not just the CPI.

Nearly every company earnings report I've read for the past two quarters has said something along the lines of "XYZ company missed on revenue by ~10% but beat on earnings." Less revenue, more profit, symptoms of higher profit margins from both cutting payrolls and other costs AND raising prices. I've seen this across nearly every step on thr ladder of every sector, CPI is bullshit IMO.

I know I'm not the only one. How many companies have lately beat or even met expectations on revenue? Very few, to be generous.

How many of the same beat on earnings? Nearly all, with percentages on average (ballpark off the top of my head) from 4-10% above estimates.

#11     Sep 22, 2012