QE hurts the elderly

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RCG Trader, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Ricter

Ricter

No, I did see that, which is why I said "differential".

#51     Apr 27, 2011
  2. Hello

Hello

Sorry Ricter, but Maverick is bang on in terms of whats happening in America.

#52     Apr 27, 2011
  3. Ricter

Ricter

Didn't say he wasn't. But the return of GM's (and the others') profits to taxpayers is not equitable I don't think. It's CEOs are back to big bonuses, aren't they? What's the little guy getting, an increased exemption? If this process (and I have no doubt it is occurring) were at least equitable then it's hard to explain why the gap is growing. More is going to the top than to the bottom.

Edit: good chat, but I'm way off topic. Yes, fixed income suffers. Night!

#53     Apr 27, 2011
  4. The old farts steered this country in the wrong direction and now the thought would have been able to kick the can down further. Unfortunately the music stopped a bit earlier than they expected. Let the eat dogfood.

#54     Apr 27, 2011
  5. We have too many leaches, a number of which are posting on this thread.

Bernake is a lunatic. Look like the kind that could slit your throat and eat a ham sandwich 5 minutes later.

#55     Apr 28, 2011
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

ok, so you agree. then if you agree, your sole point in supporting olias was not because of his ideas, you clearly disagree with his ideas. it was to throw mud on denner. to troll, if you will.

i follow now. thank you.

#56     Apr 28, 2011
  7. I didn't even read what denner wrote because denner is an asshole. I read what olias wrote and agreed with his balanced post because it is a view that I share. Beyond that interpretation, it's all you.

#57     Apr 28, 2011
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

There, I fixed it for you Gabby.

#58     Apr 28, 2011
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

olias doesn't believe that inflation is primarily driven by current fed policy. he's stated that many times. yet i asked you whether you believed that, and you stated that my questions were rhetorical (avoiding the direct answer yet again). i assumed (perhaps wrongly) that you meant they were a given.

so please answer, directly. do you believe that current fed policy is the primary driver of inflation, and why or why not?

of course you can try yet another avoidance tactic and not answer. as for interpretation, i wouldnt need interpretation if you would just answer the fucking question.

#59     Apr 28, 2011
  10. Ricter

Ricter

I don't either. Core inflation is flat. Energy and food inflation is high, but the fed has little to nothing to do with those.

#60     Apr 28, 2011