QE 3 is a 80 Billion a month pay off to banks

Discussion in 'Economics' started by RenkoTrades, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Doesn't matter. "Failure of money" is really not a big deal when you're nation with huge infrastructure, high education, and plenty of food. All you have to do is design new bills.

Now, if you're Greece...then it matters.

#21     Sep 15, 2012
  2. Yes, really.

Doing this preserves people's investment in their national economy and prevents massive Dislocation By Relocation.

By rights, the US economy should have blown up in '08. That we're now in '12 and *still* muddling through - despite ongoing idiocy in trade and fiscal policy - is a testament to Ben's abilities. He is going down in history as one of the greats, without a doubt.

#22     Sep 15, 2012
  3. morganist

morganist Guest

All of the pensions will default. That is a problem.

#23     Sep 15, 2012
  4. Disagree. Some will. Others will get scaled back. Yappy heads on CNN and Fox will yell a lot of meaningless bullshit at each other. And life will go on, pretty much as before.

This economy can power itself, feed itself, clothe itself and protect itself. The downside here is really not that bad. We're talking fewer iPhone sales, not people starving in the streets.

Now, in worker-bee economies supplying us with goods...well, that's a different story, but let's be honest, none of us actually care about those people anyway.

#24     Sep 15, 2012
  5. How many of you started your own bank in the last few years?

or bought a small bank and make real, easy money.

this is easy money, people.

i wish i could buy 10 more banks....

#25     Sep 15, 2012
  6. heywally

heywally

I actually have read about QE3 and have more of a sense that it has a good chance to make some of this toxic mortgage stuff at the banks get cleaned up, with the backstop from the Fed. That in turn, can and will stimulate real lending from these robbers. Several perpetually bearish financial people that I read were actually pretty favorable on it.

Doesn't solve the political issues but I think that any blanket criticism of this is wrong.

#26     Sep 15, 2012
  7. Eight

Eight

Lending could be a double edged sword. The money supply has been increased significantly but the velocity of same is nearly zero. If banks start lending then the economy will react to the increased supply of money and it's value will fall == inflation. Our government may act like it's concerned about the economy but in reality, they need status quo.

#27     Sep 16, 2012
  8. Bob111

Bob111

#28     Sep 17, 2012
  9. guys just buy famous stocks now and eurusd --- after each QE there was only bullish market

#29     Sep 17, 2012