QCHARTS vs ESIGNAL

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by xfactor, May 27, 2004.

1. xfactor

xfactor

w/c is better esignal or Qcharts?

2. I vote for Esig, had too many freezes when I used Qcharts. that was a while ago, though, so maybe better now.

3. MrDinky

MrDinky

ESignal by a wide margin. The only area ESignal is lacking is intraday data (120 days). Everything else, you name it, ESignal is better.

:cool:

4. That greatly depends on what you need it for.

Every trader has different needs...what's goog for one may not be good for another.

You could say what your looking for in a realtime program than ask which would be better for you.

Yet, that's very difficult if your new to trading or are a trader that's frequently changing.

Both also have a free trial.

Try them...decide on one to use.

Use it for awhile...if you then realize it doesn't meet your needs or you finally discover what your needs really are...

Then test something else.

Most realtime data providers have free trials.

Remember this...you get what you pay for.

That means there's a reason why other realtime programs out there are expensive (above the cost of QCharts and eSignal).

NihabaAshi

5. Each has strengths and weaknesses. For me, I've always found ESig lacking. They nickle and dime you on stuff like number of symbols, the charts look clunky, they don't give you enough intraday data and what's with all those pricing plans. They do have data from every conceivable market, and users say it is reliable and timely.

QCharts has brilliant charts, a great interface, lots of intraday data and some cool indicators and features that they basically don't say anything about. It's all in there but you have to dig it out. They have really awful tech support, their website is frustrating and impenetrable and they have had issues with stalled or lagging data in fast markets. I believe their delivery problems have improved, but you probably will be using IB to trade anyway and can doublecheck against their price feed.