Qcharts v. RealTick

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by mdmbud, Oct 20, 2002.

1. I have used both, I use Qcharts now, better data feed where I live, plus easy to use... just my opinion.

#11     Oct 21, 2002
  2. I tried qcharts 3x over the past year and a half and each time I was switching servers constantly and dropping connections. This on a cable connection. The software was pretty good but the datafeed sucked.

Esignal's datafeed is great but the software is buggy. Maybe if we can combine the two . . . :)

#12     Oct 21, 2002
  3. I use QCharts. Don't have any problems with the data feed, the interface is really nice. QCharts is missing a scanner and backtesting but I use StockWatchPro for that.

#13     Oct 22, 2002
  4. Tech Analysis -

The trick with the QCharts datafeed is you can't let it decide which server to connect to. If you control the server group you connnect to, you get better results.

#14     Oct 22, 2002
  5. qcharts + stockwatch pro works great...

When you have a data problem and sure it will happen from time to time use your broker's data..

For me even when using cqg I had problems.. So there is no perfect system but Qcharts is certainly the best system I have ever used ...

#15     Oct 22, 2002
  6. i've used both and real tick is much more stable. not sure which has more about the bells and whistles though. qcharts indicators kept going down so i cancelled.

#16     Oct 22, 2002
  7. mdmbud, the reference of fre data wasn't to you, there are a number of threads where people are asking about free data.

I have been with Qcharts for three years. Early on before the server farm rebuild, the feed was pretty spotty... . Now it is very reliable. And user friendly. I use the Qlink DDE for running ideas on Excel.

ES traders - recently I have been working on some ES daytrade ideas. I first noticed a problem with opening bar prices on the 1 minute chart when tracking Quah's method. Then again while chatting with a friend and watching the ES his opening ticks were different than mine a number of times. I called the CME to see who was incorrect and it was always Qcharts. So I emailed QCharts and they said they were aware of it and expected a solution in the next thirty days. This was about two weeks ago.

#17     Oct 22, 2002
  8. Never knew that. What's worse, their tech people never mentioned it. It was always switching between sunnyvale sterling and boston servers. It had a few features I liked like highlited background colors on quote lists.

When my annual's up on esig I'll give it another look.

#18     Oct 22, 2002
  9. I thought it wasn't about the money... :D

#19     Oct 25, 2002