Qcharts Road Map

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Bsulli, Jun 13, 2006.

1. Babak

Babak

Phase 1
    Led by longtime QCharts programmer, Mike Condra, development is already underway to integrate the QCharts application with the eSignal Data Manager. Once completed, this will allow people to use the QCharts interface while connecting to the eSignal Network. At that stage, customers will have the choice of what network to use and will have the option of waiting until Phase 2 if that better suits their needs. Look for this release to be ready in Fall '06.

Phase 2
    In Phase 2, we will incorporate the key and unique QCharts features into the eSignal infrastructure. This includes migrating the intraday history data, supporting market stats like New Highs/New Lows, Put/Call Ratios, etc. We also expect to be able to support additional Exchanges and greatly improve the handling of Corporate Actions. For the first time, QCharts users will get access to FOREX data, NYMEX miNY contracts, and a number of International Exchanges. Look for this release by Spring '07.

#21     Jun 17, 2006
  2. Well, if eSignal gets greedy and starts charging too much, then people will migrate to tradestation, dtnIQ, naq, or some other competitive vendor out there.

#22     Jun 17, 2006
  3. Bsulli

Bsulli

After reading the doc I have the impression in phase 1 you have the choice of not using the esignal network but in phase 2 everyone will be using the esignal network and the qcharts network being phased out.

Bsulli

#23     Jun 17, 2006
  4. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

There isn't an immediate plan to discontinue supporting the older versions of QCharts that still run off of the Continuum servers.

For a time, there will be some key features that won't be immediately carried over (between Phase 1 and Phase 2 of the "90-day update",) so we'll for certain need to support older non-eSignal based versions during that time.

At some point, we may discontinue the Continuum network (i.e. once all the features are ported over to the eSignal network like extended intraday data, breadthalizer symbols, hot lists, etc. Despite recent Connnection Manager issues on the eSignal network, there are numerous advantages to that network versus Continuum such as sync'd data across all farms with the upcoming exchange-based time-stamping, cleaner data with exchange-supported Corrections, Insertions and Deletions (CIDs) and the multitude of internation exchanges and Forex data.

There are a ton of positives on the horizon with QCharts, and we are very excited to bringing them to the market for our subscribers.

Regards,
    Jay F.
    QCharts Product Manager

#24     Jun 17, 2006
  5. Babak

Babak

My concern is also the possibility that the Qcharts interface will be changed. Any word on that?

#25     Jun 17, 2006
  6. Bsulli

Bsulli

Thanks for expanding on the future plans. Will 3rd party vendors who currently support qcharts have to do major rewrites of the connection managers they current use to be able to continue connecting?

Bsulli

#26     Jun 17, 2006
  7. maxpi

maxpi

So.... what we wind up with is a Qcharts, with the backfill speed of Esignal, and probably the symbol limits of Esignal [with more available for a price of course]. This just isn't going to be Qcharts really, maybe it will be Qsignal, or Echarts or something. Or am I just being a naysayer?

I was hoping that I could sign up for Qcharts, have unlimited symbols into Tradestation, with data quality like Esignal and Qcharts on the side for quick research but hey, it's not like it's my birthday or anything and Esig does not seem to owe me anything.

#27     Jun 17, 2006
  8. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

It's fairly early in the conversion process to comment on the exact impact our changes will have on the 3rd party vendor API, but we are working on converting the code in such a way as to minimize the impact that this will have on 3rd parties. As we get closer to Phase 2 (from the 90-day update,) we'll have a clearer picture on what impact this will have.

#28     Jun 19, 2006
  9. Bsulli

Bsulli

Please include in your roadmap the ablity for your IT dept to be able to actually monitor the dang servers. The MR06U is totally unreliable on this server. I have to delete this server from the ini file regularly if Ensign logins into it and restart. Please don't tell me it's at my end. After deleting and being login to another server the problems gone immediately. T&S for MR ticker just doesn't start updating most of the time like today nor the chart itself. Been happening for weeks now and I can reproduce it. Sorry for the tone but I'm tired of being a QA person.

Server=209.202.214.31:23100 16383 01/01/1801 00:00:00 (cc-11.sc8.finance.lycos.com)

Any other server connects with 65534 or 65534 instead of the server above which is anywhere from 8191 to 16384. I assuming that is the RFC based Sliding Window size.

Bsulli

#29     Jun 29, 2006
  10. maxpi

maxpi

Differing quotes from different servers was the thing that caused me to shut down Qcharts. You used to be able to get a free trial to NeoTicker and it came with a utility that would find the best server, based on what I know not. I did that for awhile, not sure the free trial is still available.

#30     Jun 29, 2006