Qcharts Road Map

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Bsulli, Jun 13, 2006.

1. it was perfect back in 1998. I think the app file was like 750kb download LOL.

ohh the good old dayz.

I' m afraid their "plan" may be to :

1) shut it down

or

2) double price and limit historical data along with added symbol limits.

let's see what they decide.

#11     Jun 14, 2006
  2. Bsulli

Bsulli

Amen to that!

I use Ensign for the most part and it's not as friendly to rotating through servers.

In qcharts defense the one thing I do like about it is the little delay meter in in the lower right. It is very handy to be able to see when your on a server that is dragging.

Bsulli

#12     Jun 14, 2006
  3. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

We'll post a message here when the summary of our first 90 days is posted on eSignal Central. Great comments here thus far; if anyone has recommendations beyond these for QCharts, feel free to email the QCharts Product Developers direct at qcideas@mail.esignal.com. Thanks!

#13     Jun 14, 2006
  4. Bsulli

Bsulli

If I go by the actual closing date of the qcharts purchase then 6/6/6 would be the 90 day mark. Can I assume that the road map will be posted in the very near future?

Thanks

Bsulli

P.S.

Something I meant to mention in an earlier post that "IDC" needs to clean up on the qcharts site is when you click on many of the links, especially the "subscribe now" link you get this cert error message(see attached). I don't think this would instill confidence in a potential new client. fwiw

Have a good day.

#14     Jun 14, 2006
  5. i agree... add international and some futures. Forex would be a nice addition too...

#15     Jun 14, 2006
  6. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

Yes. We'll have something posted next week.
    We'll look into that. Thanks!

#16     Jun 14, 2006
  7. Bsulli

Bsulli

Thanks for the timely replies to all of the posts.

Bsulli

#17     Jun 14, 2006
  8. raker

raker

Please dont change some of the great features on qcharts , I was with esignal for a year and went back to qcharts, for the following reasons :

1. A very long historical database with which to scroll through.

2. Great breadth data statistics which no other provider has.

3. Almost unlimited viewing number of symbols , which is integral to creating your own statistics on s&p 500 data with the right software. Esignal basic only lets you view 100 symbols at a time and if you want to go up to 500 symbols it costs a hell of alot more money for a such basic addition.

4.The price of $99 a month for the intermediate package is about right. Please dont start charging more money and taking away features such as i mentioned.

#18     Jun 14, 2006
  9. maxpi

maxpi

There is little reason to think that the servers will be combined with Esig's existing ones. The technology is different, Qcharts data transmission is set up to conserve bandwidth, that is why you can open an intraday chart and just scroll back and back for years and get fast updates into the chart. I have not used esignal in a long time but I don't think it can do that.

#19     Jun 15, 2006
  10. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

#20     Jun 16, 2006