Qcharts raising rates from $79 to $95 per month

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by mmm, Feb 27, 2004.

1. Sanjuro

Sanjuro

nkhoi said:
    "they should build a volume meter and charge each user accordingly, my hunch is 10% qchart user use 90% server capacity."

No kidding! They should just charge the top 10% users based on
    their usuage. I have a subscribtion to QCharts Basic and I only
    use 2 candlestick charts only. I don't use anything else.

I use IB for live quotes and jump around with the charts.
    I probably use less badwidth than 95% of the QCharts users.
    Seems like the QCharts quotes lag anyways.

#11     Feb 28, 2004
  2. Great you denounced yourself: aren't you ashame to make thousands of innocents pay for you :D

#12     Feb 28, 2004
  3. A friend of mine recently recounted her experience with Qcharts. She wanted to do the free trial so she signed up. They said she should be up and running in two or three days! She was never able to log in and she could not get any answers from support. They have charged her card and she still cant log in or get any answers and it has been three weeks. They have some serious support issues.

#13     Feb 28, 2004
  4. Hi All,

Didn't you get the message yet that Qcharts is only meant to support the 95% losers in this game?

:D

#14     Feb 28, 2004
  5. qcharts was still great for swing traders. you dont need perfect data and it was cheap and of all the software is the easiest to use and gave you unlimited symbols. now they are taking away the cheap part.

#15     Feb 28, 2004
  6. I agree vhehn,

It's for people who don't need perfect data. I respect the fact that certain trading styles need this more than others. I wanted more accurate data and I'm very happy now that I gave up on them 4 years ago.

Be good

#16     Feb 28, 2004
  7. traderob

traderob

I took a trial recently. They are very slow on email but seem to reply to the phone ok.

#17     Feb 28, 2004
  8. I have been with them for 5-6 years, and this is the first time they have raised rates. For 66 cents more per day, I'll stay with them. The good things far outweigh the bad for my needs.

:)

#18     Feb 28, 2004