Qcharts/Quote.com website is maddening

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by chisel, Apr 7, 2004.

1. I was thinking of cancelling a few months ago and, according to the web site, you have to phone them to cancel. I didn't (I guess t his is what they intended).

In the mean time though, I feel their price feed has improved a lot, so I'm hanging on.

#11     Apr 8, 2004
  2. lojze

lojze

Does anybody knows how to do this in Qcharts?

Is it possible at all?

#12     Apr 8, 2004
  3. ktm

ktm

I tried setting up some alerts months ago. They have this cool interface and all these settings that are very specific, however none of them ever worked. I posted the question on the Yahoo Qcharts board and no one ever responded...which tells me people stopped trying to use the feature long ago. You might get a basic screen alert to work sometimes, but forget alarms or email alerts.

There is nothing better out there for charting. I read the same crap for different issues from the ESignal people. Qcharts does force you to call (and wait on hold for a very long time) in order to cancel.

The new facility should be named the "Hotel California" (you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.)

#13     Apr 8, 2004
  4. bgp

bgp

has anybody tried futuresource xtra?

#14     Apr 8, 2004
  5. maxpi

maxpi

I commented on the qcharts website years ago that it was much better to use Google to find something than to try to navigate the site!!

Max

#15     Apr 8, 2004
  6. chisel

chisel

John,
    You were right. Today I went to their website and plain as day there was a link to "Remove real-time exchanges."

#16     Apr 11, 2004
  7. cyberanga

cyberanga

I've been using it for about a year now, and the product gets better and better with every release. Its a great product for the price, too.

You can get a free trial on their website, so you really can't go wrong.

#17     Apr 15, 2004
  8. lojze

lojze

Customer service is SO HORRIBLE (at least in my opinion), that this is enough to get mad and cancel the service.

Nobody agrees with me?

Or there is secret door to get the support people quick ?

#18     Apr 15, 2004
  9. ktm

ktm

I absolutely abhor these bastards as well...I hear you.

BUT, the problem is once you dump QCharts...what do you start using?

I need to backtest stuff pretty far back and I need live scans for my occasional speculative jaunts. ESignal is just as bad in their own way.

#19     Apr 15, 2004