Qcharts/Quote.com website is maddening

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by chisel, Apr 7, 2004.

1. chisel

chisel

WTF! I just spent 15 minutes on their webste trying to delete a couple of real-time exchanges that I subscribe to. (I have Qcharts basic.)

All I ever found was upgrade this or that. It showed me what real-time exchanges I'm subscribed to, but never gave me any options to drop any of them.

And another thing, it seemed every time I went to a new page I had to login again! I thought eBay was bad when I had to login every time I wanted to see completed auctions...

I'm calling them tomorrow. Their website has always been lacking, but I'm really PO'd today.

Rant mode off now.

2. It shouldn't be this way, but right now here is the way to get to the screen you need.

Go to the quote.com website, and on the right in the box where it says QCharts Basic, click on Help. A small web page comes up and under "Getting Started" click on "Setting Up Real_Time Data".

Click on the statement following 1 and you're on your way.

But still make the call!

:)

3. That happened to me one time in Qcharts. The next day it worked fine. They have some files closed. Try tomorrow morning.

John

4. chisel

chisel

Inandlong,

I would have never figured that out. What you described allows me to add real-time exchanges, but it does not allow me to delete any of my existing exchanges.

Thanks for your post, though.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...their website leaves a LOT to be desired.

5. chisel

chisel

Thanks John, I'll try it. Meanwhile I sent them an e-mail.

6. chisel

chisel

And I just received an automated response that tells me how to UPGRADE/ADD exchanges.
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

7. bgp

bgp

i've been a q-charts subscriber for 4 yrs. now and am disappointed in there reliability. i am checking out future source xtra. q-charts does not offer forex either.

8. Anybody still using Qcharts deserves what they get.

:D

9. bgp

bgp

thanks

10. I know, I don't know how to add exchanges either, I don't know if I could cancel if I wanted to. I am trapped

#10     Apr 8, 2004