QCharts problem?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Champion, May 10, 2004.

1. I'm new to QCharts. The INDU does not seem to be working - chart empty with no bars historically such as Friday or earlier.

Is this how it works or am I missing something?

Any immediate guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Just now its come in. Does the data only come in 10 mins before the market starts?

3. Merlin

Merlin

Sounds about right. You get what you pay for. Can't beat the price if your happy not getting anything. Also, make sure you have the setting for which markets you want to view.

4. rjlund

rjlund

QCharts' data feed completely sucks. Unless you like having all data regarding the ES black out at 2:51 CST, never to appear again on your chart, pass on this software. Furthermore, their tech support is about as helpful as a fart in a spacesuit, so don't expect any assistance with your problem. Glad to see they finally resolved their problems with the TRIN after about a week and a half to boot. Well, done whining and now it's time to visit www.esignal.com.

5. maxpi

maxpi

Agreed. I have been seeing threads like this on on the Yahoo qcharts discussion since mid 90's, eventually I had to believe they were never really going to fix the data feed. Actually if they did I might be the first to sign up. I used them for casual research because the chart program is so incredibly user friendly but eventually I realized that research on questionable data just never can satisfy.

I would be way more surprised to see a thread titled "qcharts is working perfectly and the data feed is great".

Max