QCharts Messed Up Today

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by AAAintheBeltway, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Finally downloaded. Looks like I will have to recreate all my old workspaces. QT looking better and better.

#11     Oct 1, 2008
  2. sammybea

sammybea

AAA, I'm not very tech savvy, but I just saved the .qcw files from the old version in my email and reopened the files when I dl'ed 6.xx to another computer. I guess what i am saying is that you don't need to recreate your workspaces again. But might be easier and faster for you to recreate if the workspaces are simple enough.

#12     Oct 1, 2008
  3. No, they're not simple at all. Very time consuming to recreate. I have it on the same compute. I guess I was expecting the new version to pick them up.

I can't even connect to it now, so I'll have to put the workspace issue off. For some reason it doesn't want to accept my login.

I have an email in to custome rservice. No reply. I guess they did this on the first of the month to stick anyone who wanted to terminate service with an extra mointh.

#13     Oct 1, 2008
  4. Former long time user of Qcharts here.

The clock started ticking on these guys the day E-Signal instituted the 'Addition by Subtraction' Protocol. We all knew it. It was only a matter of when, not if, the party would end.

Save yourself some stress and check out other companies. I now use these guys. Their data is top-notch. Customer Service / Tech Support provides superior service, and the data servers don't have a meltdown during high volume periods.

Rock Solid data stream combined with professional support staff - all for about the same (or possibly less depending on your needs) than your current subscription to E-Signal.

Do yourself a favor and at least check out the 30 day free trial.

HTH.

- Spydertrader

#14     Oct 1, 2008
  5. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

#15     Oct 1, 2008
  6. I'd settle for being able to log in. No response from tech support.

#16     Oct 1, 2008
  7. JayF_eSignal

JayF_eSignal eSignal

AAA,

Sent you a PM. Please reply when you can.

#17     Oct 1, 2008
  8. Just a follow up. I checked my account page on esig and for some reason they didn't have my email, which accounts for why I didn't get notification.

I gave up on the email help and called tech support, which in the old QCharts days could mean a VERY long wait and a prick tech rep. I was on hold for maybe 12 minutes and got a rep named Tyrell who resolved everything very expeditiously, including walking me through migrating my old work spaces. Very polite and helpful guy.

I would have preferred to be able to keep using the old version, but these forced upgrades seem to be the norm for all providers.

I think QCharts is a very good product, but they are right at the price point where I would think seriously about going with QT. I can do a few things in QCharts I can't do in QT, or at least not without a lot of tinkering and my time is worth something. Any more increases however, and I will bite the bullet and do whatever is necessary to make QT work, even at the risk of losing some functionality.

#18     Oct 1, 2008
  9. sammybea

sammybea

AAA, Glad you finally got through this.. I also have weighed many times through the years what a better option for me, but I have always come back to qcharts simply because I haven't found anything nearly as suitable for my purposes

Not sure how large your account is.. but it might do you some benefit to have BOTH qcharts and another package. I know that usually when i get frustrated.. either from charts or my execution system.. it shows up in my p/l. I would rather just pay an extra 100-200 a month for a backup.

#19     Oct 1, 2008
  10. just21

just21

Is it the hotlists in qcharts that keeps you subscribing? How do use them?

#20     Oct 1, 2008