QCharts... It delivered the goods!!!

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by CartelTrader, Jun 3, 2002.

1. Actually, this morning around 10:30 am it did suddenly slow down. What I did was to log out and close the program and then open it again and it was back to normal.

It's been working fine ever since. Maybe you should try closing and opening the program again.

Good luck.

:cool:

#11     Jun 4, 2002
  2. ktm

ktm

Can anyone get into this wonderful program right now?

$100 a month and I cannot log in to any server.

#12     Jun 6, 2002
  3. No problem connecting to Boston servers from here. Been on and off them for the last several hours.

If you're unable to connect to Boston, the problem is peculiar to your config/connection.

Try pinging the Boston servers and make sure you can at least see them over your connection.

#13     Jun 6, 2002
  4. I used Q-Charts 2 years ago when I started to Day trade.
    I love the software and the features in Qcharts . But the Data feed was very unreliable. I am sure it has improved for the simple reason that there are probably 1/2 has many people Day Trading today as there was 2 years ago. Plus because Qcharts was so lousy with respect to the data feed a lot of people left for another service. So less people using the service =a more consistent data feed. The times the feed lagged the most was during heavy volume periods . I almost never get that with E-sig and Nextrend was only a slight bit lagged. But anyone who has been trading long enough knows to have the Island book open as a true reference as to where the market is during heavy volume periods.
    Level 2 is always behind the Island book .

#14     Jun 6, 2002
  5. my level2 is out, plus i'm missing chunks of one minute bars and time and sales, using QC feed thru stock watch pro.

tried different server farms....no luck

is it just my end or is it a QC problem???

#15     Jun 25, 2002
  6. I've also had problems with slow quotes the past few days but changing servers fixed it. Today seems ok.

#16     Jun 25, 2002
  7. No data gaps here through either QCharts or Trade Prospector. L2 is working too.

Maybe it's a SWP problem - do you see the problem in QCharts?

I'm connected to Boston.

#17     Jun 25, 2002
  8. man, this morning was terrible. there were hardly any servers working...

#18     Jun 27, 2002
  9. Neil

Neil

The last few days on qcharts, via EQ and standalone, have been next to imposssible to trade with.. whatever I try. 30 secs delay admitted to on EQ for extended periods and 2-3 secs almost the norm...

Anyone convinced of a better option? I want good charts with pivots and customisable quote boards.. oh yes.. and a freaking reliable data feed!!!!

peeved of galway
    Neil

#19     Jun 28, 2002
  10. same thing today....morons at QC can't do anything right for more than a month at a time...must be having one of their all day "meetings" where they don't answer the phone...

#20     Jun 28, 2002