QCharts Horror

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by AAAintheBeltway, May 25, 2006.

1. QCharts totally screwed up for me this morning. anyone else having problems?

ESig has really turned this into crap.

2. OK, after numerous server changes and several restarts, everything is working and not lagging. For now. That first half hour is not important anyway, is it?

3. QCharts sometimes delays for over 1 minute, you have to get a backup data feed.

4. I apologize for not responding sooner, but I found myself involved with yet another server change this morning. Over the last two days, I have experienced the same problems as you. Each time I locate a fast server, the data starts to lag after a period of time resulting in a repeat search for a better server. I've repeated the process 30 times in the last two days. - ugh! IS it just me, or has the frequency of these problems increased since ESignal came onboard?

- Spydertrader

5. Spyder,

My experience is the same as yours. Definitely a degradation in service over last few weeks.

If this doesn't improve soon, I'll have to make a change. I'm spending the most important part of the morning frnatically switching servers, etc. Luckily it's not my only feed, but this flat out sucks.

6. mktman

mktman

Spydertrader

Have you ever considered using Neoticker with MB as the data feed?

7. No I have not.

- Spydertrader

8. Users of Neoticker: please comment on the software and the feed you use... I am evalauting, want to purchase soon. So far, I have a list of with CQG, RealTick, and possibly eSignal and Medved as backup.

Thanks

9. lojze

lojze

I had the same problem two years ago. From today's perspective I am happy that I moved to other software and data provider.

10. A big advantage of QCharts is the historical data, is there any other vendor offer this?

#10     May 25, 2006