Qcharts freezing today?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by svtrader, May 31, 2004.

1. Anyone else having this problem? I know a user of StockWatch Pro which uses the Qchart feed is having the same problem, but I was wondering if other Qchart users are in the same boat that I'm in.

2. rickty

rickty

I haven't been able to log on to QCharts for the last 3 hours or so.

Richard

3. chisel

chisel

I cannot logon to Qcharts either. I deleted the temp and continuumclient.ini files (which usually fixes any problems) and still no luck.

Time for a new charting program. Any ideas? I just need the basics and only need futures. It would be nice if I could chart weighted futures spreads though.

4. Qcharts is dog shit. It generally never works the day after a holiday that comes on a weekend.

John

5. I don't use SWP, but I got this reply earlier from a different software company - it fixed the hanging problem I was seeing trying to connect to the quote.com datafeed - maybe it'll work for you:

...Looks like only the quote.com V5 interface library is now able to work with their datafeed servers, so please insure you have the latest version of the library - continuumclient.dll...

...You can download and run their DLL updater from http://www.quote.com/qcdownload/ContinuumClientUpdate/SetupContinuumClient.exe ...

6. quote.com site is down, which is the most likely reason for the problem. Has been that way all day.

7. I couldn't log on either, downloaded ver 5 and it is working fine.

8. Ver 5 fixed the problem for me as well.

9. 168

delete the temp file and also the market hour,then you'll be alright.

10. With INDU I had intermittent freezing for a few minutes then it coming back in live again; this was this morning.

Also I use LiveCharts; on Friday (May 28) they were out for the first hour and half of the market.

It is frustrating when you a have a particular layout across a couple of screens and part of it isn't working.

#10     Jun 1, 2004