Qcharts emini data?

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by sammybea, Jul 18, 2002.

1. sammybea

sammybea

It seems like its frozen here.. How about you guys?

2. yup here to.

3. ddog

ddog

tradestation also down

4. sammybea

sammybea

Its amazing to see how much the volume for the Q's slowed down for the last 10 minutes. I don't know if its directly related, but assuming there is a dead data feed from the cme.

5. ddog

ddog

What do you do if your charts are down and you are in a short term position?

I was long NQ and already had a profit target (sell limit) and stop loss (sell stop) in. Once charts went down I moved my profit target down and got filled too early.

Would most just exit their postion immediately?

6. tom_p

tom_p

NexTrend has also reported that the CME feed is down.

7. JayS

JayS

eSignal (full) feed from CME still humming along.

8. Me personally...if I rely heavily on charts for trade decisions...and suddenly my realtime charts go down...and I'm uncomfortable in watching just realtime price quotes from the broker...

I would exit the position.

Better safe than sorry. You can always trade again when the system comes back up.

NihabaAshi

9. Is the data accurate?

I left eSignal because of the bad data problems (inaccurate quotes or missing quotes) in their Eminis eventhough it was humming along.

However...they did acknowledge the problem and said they would fix the problem in a soon-released new version...I'm not sure if that newer version has been released.

NihabaAshi

10. JayS

JayS

I've only been with them a month (after using Qcharts & Nextrend). Since that time I've only found one bad tick that I can remember, was on 6E U2 (Globex Euro) and I think it was fixed the next day. Don't trade ES all that much so can't fully attest to its accuracy through them.

#10     Jul 18, 2002