Qcharts and Vista

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Ezzy, Feb 12, 2007.

1. check on your drivers. you may experience tons of driver problems running 64bits windows, or 64bits anything, other than a mac.

#11     Feb 25, 2007
  2. Ezzy

Ezzy

Didn't even think that could be an issue. Thx. Now that I've got almost all my bugs worked out I'm gonna try to stick with Vista. But I'm definitely not happy with it.

Regards, - EZ

#12     Feb 25, 2007
  3. Ezzy

Ezzy

I have found a way to get rid of the pop-up asking to "Allow" Qcharts and all the other programs. It can be disabled. Maybe in the future MS will have a patch that's let's us be selective of the programs we allow.
    -------------------------------------------------------

When entering locations that allow you to adjust system settings you may receive a prompt similar to the below prompt, with the options to continue or cancel.

User Account Control
    Windows needs your permission to continue
    If you understand this action, continue.

Microsoft has included this feature into Windows Vista as an extra safety precaution to help prevent users and malicious programs from adjusting settings that may cause issues with your computer. Some examples of where you may get this prompt is when attempting to open the Windows Registry, Device Manager, an Administrative Tools feature, managing accounts, etc. To disable this feature and prevent these prompts from occurring follow the below steps. (May differ slightly depending on the Vista version)

Open the Windows Control Panel.

Click "User Accounts and Family Safety"

Click "User Accounts"

Within User accounts click "Turn User Account Control on or off"

This will open the User Account Control (UAC) window.

If you wish to disable this feature uncheck the Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer and click Ok.

After following the above steps you'll need to reboot your computer to complete this action.

As mentioned by the Windows Security Center after disabling this feature not only will disabling the "Windows needs your permission to continue" prompt, but it will also disable the "A program needs your permission to continue", "An unidentified program wants access to your computer", and "This program has been blocked" prompts.

#13     Mar 4, 2007
  4. Ezzy

Ezzy

Disabling the UAC will solve 99% of your Vista related problems. It interferes with some online chat forums, trading platforms and ftp sites.

#14     Mar 17, 2007