Qcharts 4.2 problem

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by bundlemaker, Apr 7, 2002.

1. Cdntrader, you are quite right. I would have never upgraded so soon. But Qcharts said that they are using a new "continuum client" that won't function with the older versions in the near future. If this truly is typical of the way Qcharts does things, I want no part of it.

#11     Apr 8, 2002
  2. One thing to remember about QCharts - their software engineering group is pretty inexperienced.

Even in the pre-Lycos days, their software engineering lacked quality control and discipline.

Even the basic infrastructure (one of the guys who worked on it is now working at Erlanger I believe) was a pretty mediocre job when you consider this was like the third or fourth datafeed they'd worked on.

I've understand that they've been run for last year or so by some bozo who was their former VP of software - which explains a lot.

Overall, QCharts isn't a bad datafeed and I use it - but their management and software development practices sure stink.

So when they say "Beta" you've got to think "Alpha" and when they say "Production Release" you need to think "Beta".

#12     Apr 8, 2002
  3. DblArrow

DblArrow

You beat me to It.

The beta seems to work really good. Running three copies concurrent with one of 4.1.

I thought it was only me:D Misery loves company:)

#13     Apr 8, 2002
  4. DblArrow

DblArrow

I have to diagree. The new studies and being able to save default settings are worth it.

#14     Apr 8, 2002
  5. DblArrow

DblArrow

The new continuum client will run the 4.1 version. If you run the client update it will update any previous version. (I only inlcude 4.1 in the "any previous versions") I am currently running it.

#15     Apr 8, 2002