Qcharts 4.1, IB tws. Excel and IE

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by just21, Apr 30, 2002.

1. tntneo

tntneo Moderator

stevet, that's true, the software needs to be written for it. However, the OS itself is optimized for multi processor (it's a special version) so it is much faster.
    Also multithreading software will benefits either directly or through the OS optimizations.

tntneo

#11     May 1, 2002
  2. just21,

Is it possible (actually it is possible) to upload a screen image of your normal QCharts workstation or a copy of the workspace itself.

Screen shots of any problems will be good also.

I had almost a similar situation awhile ago and it mysteriously dissappear when I deleted the Qcharts workspace[/b] and rebuild it (took about 5 mins).

The problem suddently went away.

Qcharts is such a sensitive program...sometime simply starting a new workspace clears up a lot of stalling issues when its not server issue related.

Currently, I'm testing eSignal and comparing it to QCharts. I may post the results here at ET along with "screen shots" of problems in either program.

Nihaba Ashi

#12     May 1, 2002
  3. stevet

stevet

would be interesting to have a comparison of Qcharts, esignal and RealTick from an experienced intraday trader - one who is a high volume trader - more interested in multiple entry signals - than obscure analysis - in other words how good is the software to work with quickly in a changing market

#13     May 1, 2002
  4. just21

just21

I've redone the layout and so far no problems. Was not able to upload .qcw or the screenshot.

thanks

#14     May 1, 2002