QChart features needed in ESignal

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Cdntrader, Oct 19, 2002.

1. nkhoi

nkhoi

it stand to reason that if Qchart provide only 61 days of data it will beat Esignal to death :D

#11     Feb 2, 2003
  2. Bungrider said:

1) The hotlists in ESignal TOTALLY SUCK ASS

2) The time and sales windows in esignal TOTALLY SUCK compared to quote.com's -

Well Qcharts data feed totally sucks .

If you are a serious Day Trader you do not use Qcharts.

Actually the T & S windows in Esignal are quite good .

Yes the Hotlist if you even want to call it that is lacking.

They do offer a scanner but you have to pay for it.

I used Qcharts when I started Day trading 3 years ago , the software was fantastic , that data was terrible.

#12     Feb 2, 2003
  3. alain

alain

Is this in 7.2?

- better export capabilities to other applications (including historical data) I have never used QCharts but I heard that they have an export feature also for historical data i.e. into excel.

#13     Feb 3, 2003
  4. Oops. I thought we were talking about Qcharts here. Just noticed. Now if any Qcharts staff are reading this thread....

Jay

#14     Feb 3, 2003
  5. pretzel

pretzel

I used Qcharts before but moved to eSignal for the EUREX data, but I have to use Ensign for charting. Some 3rd party software can only use eSignal as datafeed.

I miss the candlestick charts which I can do for spreads with Qcharts.

pretzel

#15     Feb 3, 2003
  6. corvus

corvus

Too bad Esignal's Eurex data sucks right now.

#16     Feb 3, 2003
  7. You can export eSignal data in Excel with Adv. Chart.

#17     Feb 3, 2003
  8. docarzt

docarzt Guest

i would like to see an exportfunction like QLink, with QLink you can export realtime and historical data via DDE. with Advanced Charts you can only export historical data by hand.

#18     Feb 3, 2003
  9. When auto-hiding the cursor crosshairs in an advanced chart, I think the labels for the crosshairs should also be auto-hidden. It drives me nuts to see the price and time labels just sitting there at random locations.

Also, do time templates not work for anyone else when using "seconds" charts? They work for me with minute and tick charts, but if I put in something like 30S for the interval, the chart ignores my time settings.

#19     Feb 3, 2003
  10. Quote from Cdntrader:

Obviously Esignal has QCharts reliability beaten.

Now they need to add a few missing features that makes QCharts' software superior to Esignal.

1) I looked at the Esignal Market Scanner but it is far too cumbersome and not dynamic enough to track the market simply.

I'd like to see Esignal add some functionality similar to QChart hotlists such as Trade Rate Hotlist to their Quote Sheets within their basic platform. If they wanted to improve on QChart Hotlists they could add a capability to only show/filter stocks within the hotlist that pertain to specific sectors, groups, or other criteria such as price volume etc.

2) Also, I'd like to see more filtering possibilities within the Quote Sheets such as % in range. QCharts seems to have many more options in this regard.

Any other features missing in Esignal from QCharts??
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7.3 but no luck so far...

#20     Mar 16, 2003