Q: Will this new insurance regulation drive up my health insurance costs? A: No...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by John_Wensink, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Funny

Health Insurers Raise Some Rates by Double Digits
    By REED ABELSON
    Published: January 5, 2013 526 Comment

Health insurance companies across the country are seeking and winning double-digit increases in premiums for some customers, even though one of the biggest objectives of the Obama administration’s health care law was to stem the rapid rise in insurance costs for consumer

2. To steal an oft heard liberal refrain "We Couldn't have seen that one coming" :D :D :D :D

3. pspr

pspr

Or, to site Obama's canned response to these inconvenient truths, "It would have been worse without my intervention."

4. Had the same increases under Bush so maybe its not Obamacare :confused:

http://www.commonwealthfund.org/New...-Insurance-Premiums-Increase-119-Percent.aspx

Employer-Sponsored Health Insurance Premiums Increase 119 Percent from 1999-2008

August 20, 2009

Nationally, family premiums for employer-sponsored health insurance increased 119 percent between 1999 and 2008, and could increase another 94 percent to an average $23,842 per family by 2020 if cost growth continues on its current course, according to a new Commonwealth Fund report.

5. Ah no. Barry claimed costs would be reduced or at the very least not go up.

Cleary, another liberal fantasy has been dubunked.

6. This is a different argument then your thread title which asks "Will this new insurance regulation drive up my health insurance costs?".The answer to that is no because costs are increasing at the same rate it did the last 10 years

7. It's Bush's fault.

8. Then why Obama care?

Holy shit am I confused. New insurance regulations will not drive up insurance costs, then what was the point?

Be brief....:cool:

9. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Link to the original article.

Health Insurers Raise Some Rates by Double Digits
    http://www.cnbc.com/id/100356657

Particularly vulnerable to the high rates are small businesses and people who do not have employer-provided insurance and must buy it on their own.

In California, Aetna is proposing rate increases of as much as 22 percent, Anthem Blue Cross 26 percent and Blue Shield of California 20 percent for some of those policy holders, according to the insurers' filings with the state for 2013. These rate requests are all the more striking after a 39 percent rise sought by Anthem Blue Cross in 2010 helped give impetus to the law, known as the Affordable Care Act, which was passed the same year and will not be fully in effect until 2014.

The current rate increases are generally greater than those from the pre-Obama Care decade, so much for keeping individual and small business healthcare costs down.

10. To make access to health insurance available to everyone and end many other insurance company abuses.

#10     Jan 6, 2013