Q. How do I track a stock and index in a Tradestation 2000i study

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Splat, Sep 20, 2002.

1. Splat

Splat

Hi, I am in the process of building a strategy in Tradestation 2000i to trade stocks. If I am looking at a stock how can I check for example the trend or make any sort of comparison against an indicator in the same study using Easylanguage?

Regards,

Splat

2. cerno

cerno

you can insert multiple symbols in a single chart, for example if your system is going to trade MSFT, you might want to put COMPX or QQQ in the chart for correlation analysis, etc. the index can be visible or hidden so that you don't actually plot it.

In your strategy, Data1 is going to be the security you are trading, and Data2 is going to be your index symbol. In your indicator or strategy, you must refer to data2 when you want to refer to the index sybol. ex. Close of Data2 will give you the close of the index, Close or Close of Data1 will give you the close of your stock.

If you have developed an indicator you want to reference in the system that is applied to the stock or the index, you just have to include the same code as in the indicator and modify it by removing any "plot" references and replace them with variables.

Then you build buy and sell signals referencing the value of the variables.

I hope this helps.