Q&A: Billionaire Steve Cohen's Interview with Fortune

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by dealmaker, Oct 21, 2016.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

A temporary ban from managing hedge funds hasn’t kept him from investing.

“This morning I just thought, I feel like having breakfast with a Fortune reporter today!” Steve Cohen exclaims, standing up as I walk into his country club in Westchester County. It’s around 9:15 a.m. on a warm fall Saturday morning, and the billionaire investor seems to be thoroughly enjoying himself. He’s seated at a round table laden with toast and butter, in front of a large window overlooking the golf course. There’s a seat saved for me to his right; the other seats are taken by his two top spokespeople at his family office, Point72, along with his general counsel.
    This interview is the final (and largely unexpected) component of the profile I’ve been writing about him and Point72—see, “Inside Billionaire Steve Cohen’s Comeback”—for several weeks now. In 2013, Cohen’s his hedge fund firm SAC Capital effectively shut down after pleading guilty to insider trading charges. Since then, Cohen has been running his own massive personal fortune at his family office Point72, which manages $11 billion of mostly his own money, as well as some of his employees’. Now, Cohen has won the right to return to the hedge fund business in 2018 if he wants to, having settled a civil suit against him in January. And in the meantime has led a whirlwind expansion of his firm into new technology and markets around the world.

http://fortune.com/2016/10/21/billionaire-steve-cohen-point72-interview/

luisHK likes this.
  2. Maverick1

Maverick1

average returns in mid 20s going forward? no way