Pycnogenol

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Tsing Tao, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Anyone use this supplement or know anything about it from personal experience?

2. luisHK

luisHK

I've started using 150mg a day a couple of months ago after reading it might help fight off prostate enlargement, one of the numerous issues with testosterone injections.
    Didn't notice anything, but might read ore about it and probably start using higher doese when moving back to Europe.

Tsing Tao likes this.
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I'm always skeptical when one of the supplements is touted to do so much, like some wonder drug. "Lowers cholesterol! Reduces inflammation! Helps promote a healthy heart! Keeps your car running smoothly!" There's like 10 claims behind it.

4. luisHK

luisHK

I'd forgotten about the other claims but in general don't put too much trust into supplements either, I'm taking a bunch of them and if they have any effect it is a very mild one. Also supplement prices are 2 to 3 times higher than in the US over here, usually they cost more than related medication which gets ridiculous.
    I'm still not about to stop anyway and a couple of them see to have a noticeable effect, including hyaluronic acide for meniscus degeneration, but it might be something else that helps, like squatting 3 times a week. Dunno. Now also use it with chondrotin and glucosamide sulfate. Another very helpful although less sexy supplement is hesperedin/diosmin (it's also sold as an otc drug, usually named daflon), without it I easily get itchy butt or worse, but with it hardly any issue.

5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Yeah, this stuff is like $44 a bottle on Amazon.