Putting the pieces together... attention JHM! ;-)

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by frenchfry, Aug 20, 2012.

1. my bad

I'll get to it.

#51     Aug 27, 2012
  2. SatMir

SatMir

It`s very interesting,indeed,since it is like to compare a cottage and skyscraper.Each has it`s own doors and windows.

@FF,use the volume rays and session`s period to know,if it`s in fact p2 or p3,or whatever in a cottage,and not in a skyscraper.

#52     Sep 4, 2012
  3. After reading some of the recommended documents I "feel confident" that I understand PVT to a degree that would allow me to get started. I will put the "Boolean algebra" thread on hold for the time being and continue my original quest trying to understand "quickies", "EEs", "volume elements", etc.

OMG... where do I start!!?? :eek:

Lost the glossary of terms that I had. Need to redo it. Jack, don't pass away, yet!

#53     Dec 27, 2012
  4. Allright... I think I'm close(r) to understanding how to use the volume log.

The reason why I failed the first time is that a) I didn't have explanations/descriptions/understanding of the components b) There were no clear instructions how to use it and c) I didn't understand it anyway.

Jack, I re-read some of your replies and some questions came up. I marked them in bold. For some I already might have the answer. Could you please help with those questions?

The next thing I need to do is to connect those words with visuals (the log + charts).

Thanks.

-------------------------------------

1. Volume category test procedure, what's that? How many categories are there? Three

2. What is the exact procedure? See below.

3. How do I know that an EE has occurred?

4. What is an EE? Simply the FTT in that specific container?

----------------------------------

Three parts of the volume category test:

1. Rule: Test for repeats. Repeat of what? How do I know I have a repeat?
    - Write F if it is not a repeat. Write T if it is a repeat.

2. Rule: If rule 1 = F do rule 2 = test all other possibilities.
    - Test in reverse chronological order of their appearance. As you do the test, draw a line and add subscripts to the test results.
    - If you find a T as an answer still go back to the beginning of the trend.
    - If there are more than one T use the left most on your log

3. Rule: If you have all F's, then you must go to next. Where is "next" in the log? Next in the OOE probably.

What is the OOE for the "primary" and the "secondary"? What is "primary"? Price? What is "secondary"? Volume?

OOE for "primary": Pt.1 --> Pt.2 --> Pt.3 --> FTT (=Pt.1 of new sequence)
    OOE for "secondary": P1 --> T1 --> P2 --> T2 --> P3 (=P1 of new sequence)

#54     Jan 12, 2013
  5. My job brought me to Vegas. Any PEP traders here this week?

#55     Jan 15, 2013
  6. Hi Jack,

with your current way of talking about "dependent" and "independent" variables, EEs, etc. some people are lost. They wonder and ask questions like:

1. Where are the channels (price)? Where are the respective points 1, 2 and 3?
    2. Where are the three interlocking fractals?
    3. Where are the FTTs/ftt?
    4. Why don't you use volume gaussians? B2B2R2B, R2R2B2R?
    5. What does this represent? Is this coarse, medium or fine level trading?
    6. Where are the FBOs, BOs, VEs, m1 and m2?
    7. Is this using only price and volume or any of the other "12 leading indicators of price"? If not how do you put everything together?
    8. There are a lot of bookmarks on your chart. If the market has no anomalies and we know what (must) comes next then there should be no need for them. Are you showing how a beginner who would trade?

Just some examples. :) It just looks like what you have on your charts and logs has nothing to do with what and how you did things in the past.

#56     Mar 23, 2013