Putting the pieces together... attention JHM! ;-)

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by frenchfry, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Being a good trainer is an admirable skill. I have done a lot of it in my day, especially when functional engineering assigned idiots or new hires to work on my projects.

May I inquire, what generic skill do you train for?

#21     Aug 20, 2012
  2. Had to juggle multiple things at the same time. Then catch up with logging.

Initial "stress level" is way down. Logging is theoretically easy. BUT... there is not enough information in my long term memory which could help me put what I see on the chart in the correct volume category.

If I had to train other people I would start with a much simpler log. Make sure the information is cut up into digestible bites. Confirm those bites are understood and can be identified and recalled at any time. Then add the next layer of complexity.

Let's see if I can catch up somehow. <----- In a training situation you will have lost that person at this moment. They would give up and start to play with their iPhone or other things. The trainer has to recognize this and help the person catch up with the group. :)

#22     Aug 20, 2012
  3. Here is the chart that goes with the log until bar 47...

#23     Aug 20, 2012
  4. Vienna

Vienna

#24     Aug 20, 2012
  5. I clicked in the wrong area and destroyed my chart. :mad:
    I had to redo everything again.
    Today's lesson: Difficulties in identifying correct Ps and Ts. Is it a 1? A 2? A3? Is it maybe a new P2, T2, etc. The log is not yet helpful. No wonder if it contains the wrong information. Laterals... I see laterals everywhere but if I "x-out" some of the volume bars somehow the sequence gets messed up.
    Going to bed now. Will try tomorrow again.

#25     Aug 20, 2012
  6. SteveH

SteveH

That daily ES chart you posted is also marking up the inside bar days. Every one of those setups was a winner (7) on a breakout.

Amazing.

#26     Aug 20, 2012
  7. Did you use it? :)

You should show this to those debating if TA works or not. :D

#27     Aug 21, 2012
  8. Yesterday showed me that I still have many holes in my understanding of all those different Ts, Ps, EEs, categories, Quickies, etc.

Therefore I'm looking for usable, well defined and CORRECT references. Here are some comments Jack made for the August 8th events.

You lazy bastards!!! :D I'm doing the work for you here. :D

Part 1...

#28     Aug 21, 2012
  9. Here is part two... the next parts will follow once I'm ready.

#29     Aug 21, 2012
  10. Here is the last part... and sorry... it is for August 6th!!! NOT 8th.

It would be great to get Jack's comments. Or why not from one of his advanced students... like Duref? :)

#30     Aug 21, 2012