Putting My System to the Ultimate Test

Discussion in 'Journals' started by expiated, Jul 19, 2022.

1. expiated

expiated

The green dot-dash horizontal line shows where I bought GBPUSD roughly three hours ago...

upload_2022-8-1_20-0-20.png

The top red dot-dash horizontal line shows where I would have sold the pair when it made contact with the upper level of the 34-minute price range, had I been able to monitor my charts continuously. (Obviously, these were not my original stop loss and take-profit targets.)

Since a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush, I am likely to settle for whatever amount of profit is available right now. As for USDCAD... it is beginning to look like a lost cause, unfortunately.

#21     Aug 1, 2022
  2. I think one more pullback for USD and then rip.

#22     Aug 1, 2022
  3. Overnight

Overnight

That means you think the equities will tank. I do not like you.

#23     Aug 1, 2022
  4. I think they'll consolidate...

#24     Aug 2, 2022
  5. expiated

expiated

The U.S. dollar-Loonie handed me a whopping -$5.00 loss. Maybe that’s part of why I finally switched over this morning to the micromanagement style of trading I was originally planning to initiate this week. That means today is a day of experimentation as I get to know the ins and outs of trading this way—the nuts and bolts if you will, or practical workings, of actually putting it into practice.

This should keep my losses to under two bucks per position from now on (trading 0.01 lots) and every once in a while, lead to a monster payout when I happen to catch a pair that is in the midst of a run. As for today, since it is a day of trial and error, a day to simply learn, I would be happy to just get back to $1132.

upload_2022-8-2_8-16-52.png

#25     Aug 2, 2022
  6. expiated

expiated

Tuesday | August 2, 2022 | 2:30 AP PST

I am temporarily suspending the micromanagement style of trading I finally transitioned to this morning due to the fact that my daily charts suggest there is the opportunity for some MONSTER gains if I opt to adopt a swing style of trading pro tempore.

If I'm wrong...I'm wrong.

I'm comfortable with there being every indication that, from what I've seen, "going with the flow" in light of ALL the information available to me for interpreting the market will, in the long run, result in substantial gains. So, if I suffer a momentary set back due to this decision, I trust that I will recover soon enough, God willing.

upload_2022-8-2_14-24-55.png

#26     Aug 2, 2022
  7. upload_2022-8-2_18-51-57.png

#27     Aug 2, 2022
  8. Overnight

Overnight

Oh, I thought you meant the DXY index, not just some random pair. K, maybe I do not not like you.

#28     Aug 2, 2022
  9. DXY also ripped but USDJPY showed more of a rip :)

Interestingly enough though I shorted AUDUSD

#29     Aug 2, 2022
  10. destriero

destriero

noob, hit me up at convexx@gmail and I'll add you to the group.

#30     Aug 2, 2022
    nooby_mcnoob likes this.