Putin: USA Is A Parasite on World Economy

Discussion in 'Economics' started by JamesL, Aug 2, 2011.

1. MKTrader

MKTrader

Speaking of parasites, this thread is drawing in the ET parasites like a botched colon cleanse.

No, this report is all over the place, including

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43982710/ns/world_news-europe/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/01/vladimir-putin-us-parasite_n_915421.html

Of course, our little golfing, low-testerone prez is scared to death of a judoka/outdoorsman/ex-KGB type like Putin. If Teddy Roosevelt were in office, Vladimir would probably keep his mouth closed.

#11     Aug 2, 2011
  2. and put all the reserve money into Fannie and Freddie:D

and i wanna be parasite on American market,so?

it`s gonna get worse everywhere,so what`s the difference..

let`s be parasites on each other
    :D

#12     Aug 2, 2011
  3. I think the last time we ran up this kind of debt was in '40-41 helping allies (including Russia) with emergency war supplies.

#13     Aug 2, 2011
  4. #14     Aug 2, 2011
  5. Tom B

Tom B

Why is this not a valid news story? How did you come to the conclusion that Putin is "Fox's go-to guy"? Fox (and other news outlets) reported the story. Is Putin the "go-to guy" for them too?

#15     Aug 2, 2011
  6. It's a Reuters story.

#16     Aug 2, 2011
  7. JamesL

JamesL

BSNBC as well.

#17     Aug 2, 2011
  8. he is too busy counting the money in his Swiss bank accounts

#18     Aug 2, 2011
  9. Bakinec

Bakinec

Didn't Russia pay off its foreign obligations (that it defaulted on in '90s) under Putin?

I'm not defending him or his policies in Russia, but he does have a point. If it wasn't for its reserve status, the dollar would long have gone to the pit of worthless currencies. But the real matter is, and which Putin didn't address, which currency is worthy of replacing it? I think we're looking here at a matter of choosing a lesser evil.

#19     Aug 2, 2011
  10. you forgot vodka. Although Holland's still my first pick for that anyways. :)

Anyways, last time I checked when you're still reeling in from a previous economic collapse you forfeit your right to speak.

#20     Aug 2, 2011