Putin`s Russia

Discussion in 'Politics' started by fordewind, Jul 21, 2018.

1. It`s just a fraction of what`s going on in Putin`s prisons.Scumbag, torturer, poisoner.From Russia with love!

2. Brutal, what can I say.

3. I hope Putin will end up same way at some point.Fucking scumbag.

4. It's... complicated. Good night for now.

5. Yo u r from Romania you know what eventually happens to dictators.

6. [​IMG]

i-i-i-i-i-i fookiiiiing love it!!!!!!!!!!

torturing people in prisons like that...mf should end his miserable life this way.

7. I don't think it's fair to hold a single man (Putin) liable for all evil crap that happens in Russia.

I recently read "Beria - My Father: Inside Stalin's Kremlin, by Sergo Beria":

and now I'm reading something with Khrushchev (we pronounce it Hrușciov, no idea which is closer to the actual Russian prononciation). I'm trying to figure out the mechanics of power, not necessarily in a disfunctional psychopathic state, because if you put it in the world context at the time, on the average Russia wasn't that much of an outlier.

And the best description of Russia I found so far is "they've got the smartest and at the same time the stupidest people in the world - it's enough to see their youtube videos to figure out the latter". In other words, Russia is a high volatility state, but the average is strongly correlated with the rest of the civilized world. Filtering out volatility, today's Russia is much better than even Gorbachev times. Khrushchev, the reformer, still shot enemies of the state. In Stalin's times what that guy pictured in the documentary experienced would have been called a gentle pat on the back. I definitely don't agree to torture but I've got some experience with both the police and the guys they try to control and lemme tell if you had to choose, you'd always go for police handling you than the "private" alternative.

About shooting Ceaușescu and politics in general: 20 years ago I was much more radical than today (not to say 30, around the events that lead to guy's execution). Now I'm still trying to figure out the mechanics of power BUT, in a way that involves as little violence as possible. There's still plenty of crap going on even without violence and it makes all of us miserable and poor (much poorer than what we could be anyways), both physically poor and intellectually. Unfortunately a great part of the existence of these mechanics is the little guy's willingness to sustain them, like your death wishes to Putin. Which by the way, if you live in Russia, are the very proof that they "advanced". From the "Beria" book, during WW2 when the Americans sent supplies, equipment and qualified personnel to Russia (engineers to train the receivers), those engineers were obviously being closely monitored by NKVD. Some higher ranking American officer got approached by some NKVD officers who reported to him in confidentiality that some of his men are plotting to kill his supreme chief (American president at the time). By transcribed words, one of them literally said: "Someone should shoot that bastard!". To their dismay and perplexity they were dismissed by the American officer who told them "such heated words are common and normal when talking politics".

So... it's complicated :p

8. Nah, it`s not complicated.He`s been ruling for almost 20 years.Soon as the Oil prices dropped, the economy dropped as well.What did he do then?He didn`t do SHIT!

9. And for the people that being tortured in prisons,i`d wish him to feel same someday.