Put options signaling crash Next month

Discussion in 'Options' started by AlsoHuman, Sep 28, 2011.

1. smart money means inside information

Much has been written about the sale of Put Options against American Airlines prior to 911. That, is chump change when compared with the amount of money made with S&P Index Options as a result of the market collapse that followed 911. Volume in Index Options actually doubled in the months leading up to 911 from the previous year.

Now we have an even more dramatic scenario unfolding

http://www.moneyteachers.org/Index+Options+11-11-11.html

2. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

He is on crack. Open interest in the spx options is NOT a few hundred ever. Th combos alone on delta neutral trades will be tens of thousands a day. Forget about the actual positioning.

3. just to be clear
    are you saying there is NO higher than normal amount of put options positioned to make a killing like prior to 9/11 was the case

4. Just to be clear, this guy is a fool:

1. Open Interest (which indicates a desire to Buy or Sell Index Options) normally stands at a few hundred contracts on any expiration date. A Contract must be created in order for it to be considered an Open Interest.

5. What a tool this guy is... Incredible!

6. mickmak

mickmak

love the awesome ads to his website. hairloss products, etc.

7. spindr0

spindr0

I liked the picture of the freeze dried foods. It would look good above the toilet paper in the bathroom.

8. The dude who looks like Garth from "Wayne's World" is rocking...

9. I have to agree with opening poster... could happen; in fact I think we gap lower tomorrow. Precarious looking situations abound.

However each time we sell off hard, somehow "they" manage to mark it higher. How the H do they manage that so many times.

10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

The only thing missing from that website is the latest Bullz 'n' Bearz youtube video and a hyperlink to Mr. Market's website.

#10     Sep 28, 2011