Put/Call Ratio

Discussion in 'Options' started by Rudi_P, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Rudi_P

Rudi_P

I have been experimenting with using the PCR for trade entry for a while. I am now looking to extend this to individual equities but am having a tough time finding the raw data for daily call and put volumes.

Does anyone have an idea as to where to get this so that I can manipulate the data in an Excel spreadsheet?

Help greatly appreciated.

Rudi

2. Choad

Choad

3. Rudi_P

Rudi_P

Choad

thanks for this, but I already have this link as well as the one to the OCC. Both of these, however, only cover the market as a whole.

I was wondering whether there is a data vendor/supplier which will allow me to determine the individual tickers for which I want the PCR, eg each Dow constituent or each of the S&P100 constituents.

Rudi

4. Rudi_P

Rudi_P

Profitaker

Thanks for the link. I had a look. IVolatility provide the put and call volume data on a per options contract basis. It would mean that I would have to aggregate it to a per ticker code basis. I have now asked them whether they provide this on a per ticker code basis and let everyone know the outcome.

Thanks again.

Rudi

5. Rudi_P

Rudi_P

Just to follow up. IVolatiltiy can and do provide the daily call and put contract volume data.

Thanks again Profitaker for the info.

Rudi