Push Polling

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Apr 11, 2012.

1. Max E.

Max E.

For the record i just want to say i think that Obama is going to win.

With that said, WTF is with some of these polls coming from liberal stations? Im seeing these polls like Obama +10, Obama+12, etc.....

Is there anyone who is actually sane who believes that Obama is going to win by 12%? I would be embarassed to post a poll like that......

Who are these jokers who create these polls? You would think that it would be embarassing to miss the mark by more than 8% on an election, but i guess these tools have no shame.....

I would bet everything i have on the spread being less than 5%

2. pspr

pspr

For the record, I don't.

Pollsters have this formula they come up with that weighs the number of democrats queried in the poll vs the number of republicans queried. If they want to skew the poll results all they have to do is lean this weight a little more one way.

I think they do this in an attempt to demoralize the the other side. The NYT does this with almost every poll.

3. Max E.

Max E.

I hope i am wrong on this one, as i obviously want to see him lose, but it just blows my mind trying to figure out where these lopsided polls come from.....

Does the New York Times go down to a PETA convention to conduct their polling?

4. pspr

pspr

The heart of the inner city. The NYT polls the slums. :D

Obama has a record now. He is trying to use unbelievable spin every day. If the people can't see the lies and vote him out then maybe America deserves Obama.

If that happens I may just pack up and go to "margaritaville" with OHMS for a couple years and see what happens.

5. JamesL

JamesL

6. Brass

Brass

7. stoic

stoic

Why would one put any crediabilty in a poll conducted by any librial propaganda machine.

8. jem

jem

I knew most of these polls were crooked as all hell.
    They oversample democrats.
    As the writer points out... they become interesting when the democrats is below the oversample size.

By the way I suspected as much because I once saw some cnn expert answer why the election numbers come in 3-4 points below the poll numbers.