PureTick Revisited

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Lorend, Mar 13, 2011.

1. SandraB

SandraB

I was a member of Alex room for a few months.

Is one of the best places to learn to trade. I recommend that you trade on the sim for at least 1 month or more. That was one of the mistakes i made and i regreat.

The set ups works consistently, you have to learn them and a call with an advisor will help you to do so and to design your trading plan.

Don´t make my mistakes:

Dont trade in cash from the first day

Don´t take a trade because you hear the buzzer. You have to understand the trade, then execute it with the directions or let it go.

The market is always open and if you miss a trade there is plenty of opportunitties to take.

Hope that helps!

#31     Oct 19, 2011
  2. What a liar. For fun I took the trial awhile ago, what all the negative reviewers say are true.

1) I had to security fraud close my credit card to keep them from charging it. I am surprised they are not in jail for criminal wire fraud.

2) The have wide stops and go for say 5 - 7 ticks. They will also average down on a losing trade so if the trade keeps going bad, you will lose even more money, and probably blow out your account with 1 bad loser.

3) Yes, after the buzzer is sounded, they will say they are already up 3 - 4 ticks.

4) They use a double crossover system which is a lagging indicator so it has no ability to predict the future.

5) Yes, they have a high win ratio, but due to poor risk management, it does not provide an edge to trade with but I am sure it helps keep customers in long enough to continue to charge their credit cards until they discover the scam.

6) Yes, their trade record is a sham since some trades will not be recorded or the real stop or amount stopped out for is not correct.

I would suggest anyone who is not happy with their service contact the attorney general in their state to report wire fraud due to the credit card issue. Eventually, these clowns will be doing 5 - 10 years in federal prison.

#32     Oct 23, 2011
  3. SandraB

SandraB

I will answer the previous post in case that you are calling me a liar.

I will show that all I say in my previous post is real.

My trading plan is based in what I learned in Alex room, and like part of my learning curve I use to end the day with 2 trading notes:

1- What I write while I am trading in pencil taking notes of every set up that appears, and the result of each one.

2- At the end of the day a journal with the same but with graphics. After one day or more when Alex publish his track record I compare my trading with his and keep learning from him when he does better than me, and I am proud when I do better than him:D

All I do is based in what I learned in the room and with the calls I had with the advisors. I had being trading the YM for about 11 months without any previous experience from another room neither mentor. I am a part time trader, I trade only in the mornings, and I am willing and desiring to quit my other business next year for only trade for a living.

Never had problems to finish my subscription. Only a phone call and a mail were enough. Once in march happened a mistake with a charge in my credit card but immediately was solved after an email.

May be some newbies when he buzzers a trade could be late to take it if they don´t know the setup and are chasing the market of waiting for the "guru" to tell them the limit order, the stop and the targets. He recommends to take a 7 ticks profit to lower the risk as soon as possible if you are trading with more than 1 contract.

When I first started I traded in cash instead of paper, and was chasing. I used to take a few ticks profit with a 20 point stop YM. So I could had 3 winners but only with 1 loser was enough to take my profits away. I had a call with Alex by skype and then after that never again took less than 10 points profits per trade per car.

His set ups are based mostly in the trend, like he explains in his free ebook (you can have it at his website), and the 133 tick chart with a 89 exponential moving average and a 6 simple moving average with a stochastic.

He trades mostly W or M formations breakouts, other breakouts like for example the 15m and the 30m opening range, and retraces to those breaks or retraces to the 89ema. 1st target he uses to take 7 ticks profits and then trail the other cars. In breakouts opening range he uses to take 10 points target.

IF YOU KNOW THE SET UPS YOU DON´T NEED A BUZZER TO TAKE THE TRADES BECAUSE COULD OCCURE AN ANTICIPATION OR A DELAY. YOU ARE A TRADER STUDENT, NOT A COPY TRADER.

I will show you in the graphic an example of what I done on october 20th and what he is showing in the track record ( I am not in the room from july). I take 1st target at 10 points and then trail the others using the 89ema (in yellow), or the last swing, or I draw trend lines to let the market stopped me out the last one.

Description of my horizontal lines:

- crb 11479 is the higher price at the 30 minutes opening range

- or 11470 is the higher price at the 15 minutes opening range

- c 11464 is the close price at the previous session

- or 11425 is the lower price at the 15 minutes opening range, and in this case is the same of the 30 minutes.

- gl 11390 is the globex low

- Magenta dots line is the Daily Pivot

- Red dots line is the S 1.

In Yellow I will write my trades and what I learned

In Green and italic I will write his trades in the track record

http://i753.photobucket.com/albums/xx171/sandrabellizzi/2011-10-23-TOS_CHARTS.jpg

http://i753.photobucket.com/albums/xx171/sandrabellizzi/2011-10-23-TOS_CHARTS2-1.png

#33     Oct 23, 2011
  4. SandraB

SandraB

I have nothing to win neither to lose about Puretick.

I learned several issues that are making me a profitable trader.

I don´t like the talk about someone or something without strong evidence.

From now on its all up to me to keep improving my trading.´

I thank Alex for what I learned and I repeat the same:

DON´T ENTER TO THE ROOM TO BE PROFITABLE WITH THE CALLS ALEX BUZZES, ENTER TO THE ROOM TO LEARN TO TRADE WITHOUT THE NEED OF A BUZZER.

And finally, only talking in positive way you can get whatever you want.

Good trading to everyone!:)

P.D. : sorry for my english, I am a spanish speaker, from Uruguay

#34     Oct 23, 2011
  5. "Once in march happened a mistake with a charge in my credit card but immediately was solved after an email."

So how am I wrong in this issue? If all traders are getting a "mistake" on their credit cards how is that not a criminal pattern? I expect it occurs 100% which is more than their win ratio. Its illegal to steal money from my credit card. Period!

"When I first started I traded in cash instead of paper, and was chasing. I used to take a few ticks profit with a 20 point stop YM. So I could had 3 winners but only with 1 loser was enough to take my profits away. I had a call with Alex by skype and then after that never again took less than 10 points profits per trade per car."

This is really my point, and shows what I am trying to say. They do take more than 1 car, so if the market goes directly down after they get in a long trade, they will lose big on all of the cars. Again, I am not wrong, and this is how a high win% system can cause a person to lose money in the long term. I saw this happen in their room once, and after it happens, many of the traders don't show up the next day. This is probably when they try to close their accounts, and if Alex is lucky, these people don't check to see if their credit card is still being charged.

It's not a profitable system they are teaching. It's a system designed to scam newbies who hate having losers when trading. Now that is not to say, you can then go on and learn to trade yourself, plus experiment with stops and targets till you reach profitability, but its much cheaper to buy a book and then practice on your own. At least some books that I have read actually have rules that allow you to be profitable starting off with enough practice.

#35     Oct 23, 2011
  6. The question is: Does PT use 20 point stops with a first target of 7 ticks? A second target of 12 ticks? And then a runner using the 89-tick EMA as a trailing stop on the 3rd lot? :eek:

#36     Oct 24, 2011
  7. Max618

Max618

Be careful.This business is full of cheaters. Trading forums are full of 'advisors' that comes out to sell their products hoping to earn easy money. They should try to make money as traders not fooling newbies.

#37     Oct 28, 2011