PureTick Revisited

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Lorend, Mar 13, 2011.

1. You've been trading since 1987 and you are now in the Puretick room trading one contract like a noob? That's hilarious! LOL

#11     Mar 15, 2011
  2. In fairness -- for all you know, the guy might have divorced and been drained by ex-wives multiple times.

#12     Mar 15, 2011
  3. risky63

risky63

"In fairness -- for all you know, the guy might have divorced and been drained by ex-wives multiple times."

this would indicate poor use of "stop loss rules"
    also an inability to "read the charts and see the future"

#13     Mar 15, 2011
  4. Lorend

Lorend

Especially to Fortuneteller: I was not aware this room was used to put other traders down. I was hoping for some help from traders who have actually used PureTick. Based on what I've seen so far I am assuming the comments are based on the negative posts back in 2007-2009

I would normally not even trade 1 contract cash when trying a new room until I was satisfied as to the method being used.

I don't like to loose money. Maybe you have so much it doesn't matter.

So if anyone here has actually tried PureTick I would appreciate your input. If you're just using prior negative posts as your "evidence" don't bother.

This is day 2 of my 2nd week. While other trades were called the only one I've taken so far was a stop limit at 11706 which worked.

He's called 5 trades this moring, all of which have worked.

I'll update you on the afternoon trades.

#14     Mar 15, 2011
  5. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

If you're going to give a play by play account of what's happening while you use Puretick...

Why not just post the actual trade log and your own trade record (simulator or real money) that show you took the trades for verification and cross out any identifiable information that tells Puretick your identity just in case they're reading this thread :confused:

I say the above because I do remember a few times long ago several new members with low posts did the same thing you're doing in this thread (e.g. 5 trades and all worked) but when someone showed up to post the actual logs and their actual trade results...it contradicted the new posters generic (vague) play by play messages here at ET. That's when things got nasty (mudslinging) and the new low post members quickly disappeared without an explanation for the contradiction (actual logs versus generic play by play).

Once again, if your going to continue giving glossy generic daily accounts like "5 calls today and all worked"...post the darn chat logs as proof along with proof that you took the trades (simulator or real money). Isn't that the point, to be able to take the trades that Puretick is signaling from entry to exit...if not...why use them. ?

Therefore, start a trade journal to give your daily observations (verified with chat logs and your broker trade statements) of Puretick @ http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=29

To be fair, you're starting to sound like a shill because shills will not show any verification other than to say come join to see for yourself.

Mark

#15     Mar 15, 2011
  6. My friend let me listen in through skype, as he has been a member for over 1 year, for about 2 weeks last summer.

I think Alex is a good trader, and teaches some good things, he learned from Mark Fisher, and John Carter to a lesser extent, but he is emotionally unstable at times. A real hot head. I listened to him for 2 weeks and he is wishy washy on calls. He denies some of his losses I believe for his track record.

And that Geoff guy is a real troll. He won't cancel your trial unless you call him and discuss it, I have heard he badgers people and tries to degrade them to stick with it so they don't cancel. That's what happened to my friend's relative when he canceled at the end of the 2 weeks.

They had some students try to moderate an ES room a couple of years back that blew up and lost other students money so they went back to their core YM scalping for 4-7 ticks risking 35 or so. They basically use an ATR program for stops Alex has so many indicators on his chart and sometimes use some while not using other, inconsistent. Sometimes we don't take this trade because of 3 min stochs and other times we ignore it because its a triple top breakout.

Alex's calls are hard to replicate as he scales in/out with multiple traunches at times which newer traders could never do.

You can learn a few good things, but I believe some of the people in the room are shills pumping Alex.

Why didn't I just pay for the trial? Because I don't trust them with my CC # so it was much easier to skype share. I decided not to stay. My nickels worth for what's its worth.

#16     Mar 15, 2011
  7. And one last thing. My friend often complained that by the time Alex hits the buzzer and you go to enter he is out of the trade. Maybe he is front running his customers I don't know.

#17     Mar 15, 2011
  8. Yup. That's why he spends his time running a chat room or promoting his services on message boards.

#18     Mar 16, 2011
  9. Touche' :p

#19     Mar 16, 2011

10. 5 tick target; 80 tick stop on YM

LOL

:)

#20     Mar 16, 2011