Puretick or Trade the markets??

Discussion in 'Trading' started by sirinvestalot, May 31, 2007.

1. most TA is worthless. That is not how to learn. Supp/Res & trend yes, but most of the rest is garbage.

There is nothing wrong with starting with a profitable service to learn.

#11     May 31, 2007
  2. I agree with mymini... get yourself a bloomberg terminal and trade one lots on YM. Alternatively, subscribe to Hershey's thread and draw a finite, but large number of trendlines until one fits with your bias, and start swinging!

#12     May 31, 2007
  3. Support/ rest is TA.

#13     May 31, 2007
  4. I would think sitting in front of tradestation and trading one lots while drawing trendlines and s/r is the way to go, as opposed to Bloomberg. I think you are spoiled lol. TS is free with 10 roundtrips and $5.00 RT commissions compared to a couple grand for Bloomie.

But point is made :D

#14     May 31, 2007

5. Well hum!

#15     May 31, 2007

6. Bloomberg is overrated, their charts suck. I love charts!

#16     May 31, 2007
  7. Agreed...some $$, IB, QT, some books and you're set.

#17     May 31, 2007
  8. I've tried both rooms and I think PureTick is much better. I have become a much more disciplined trader since joining PureTick and my equity curve has improved a lot. Plus, the head trader is there EVERY day mentoring/teaching.

Carter's book is good and their setups are decent, but, the TTM guys spend most of their time traveling and selling these days. I think you can learn everything they do in their room on your own.

#18     Jun 3, 2007
  9. Most of the trading books are available used or new on Half.com - sometimes for fractions of the published price and one can resell them for about the same price as one bought them. Basically the cost of checking out a book is the cost of media mail.

Occasionally some of the TTM products come up on Ebay for fractions.
    I actually bought a system and got lucky and re sold it for more.

GC

#19     Jun 3, 2007
  10. half.com is a great place to buy from. The prices are the best, much better than amazon.com.:D

#20     Jun 11, 2007