PureTick Live Trading Room - - FREE open house

Discussion in 'Events' started by Spectra, Jun 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeah you're right, the Puretick nOObs might want want to consider that.

JJ

#61     Jul 4, 2007
  2. If the guys in the room are Noobs as you call them what are we to make of someone like your good self you ran like a girl when after big mouthing himself had one of the guys in the PT room call your bluff? I know, your a twat.

#62     Jul 4, 2007
  3. have you been in the room JJ? im guessing the signals are pretty vague,like most of these services, or am i wrong?

surf

#63     Jul 4, 2007
  4. I have been in there and they make offical defined entry calls and those are the ones on the track record. They also make others that dont become part of the record. They also often mention when people should get out or reduce their position

#64     Jul 4, 2007
  5. I haven't been in the room, but I've read their transcripts.

It reads like a frat house for the clueless.

JJ

#65     Jul 4, 2007
  6. You read the transcripts? God your life must be dull!!

#66     Jul 4, 2007
  7. I tried PT for a month, plus their trial. Overall, I think Alex is a good trader and knows what he's talking about. Based on some of his comments, I'm gathering that he hasn't been significantly profitable for very long: maybe just the past few years. At any rate, Alex and Geoff provide a ton of education via videos (at no additional charge), via e-mail, phone and of course, during the trading day in the room. The only complaint I had was that it would be easier to follow the calls if they were posted separately in a side box on the screen, instead of amongst all the "noise" of the traders posting their nonsense. Also, instead of just saying, "this is a trigger short" - give a specific price ahead of time w/a target (sometimes this is done, sometimes it's ambiguous). There were a few times where we were in trades and I didn't even know it. For example, "if it hits x price, we will short, with an x stop and an x limit" - something like that would help IMO. Overall, I think it is a good site, but it is young, and with time they should improve. I may sign back up and try it for a few more months to have as an added "confirmation." By the way, my background is as a broker, full-time trader and I did financial seminars around North America for a company that manufactures trading software - I just had not traded futures until this year. I was the best in the business in retention, so I understood the "retention tactics" when I tried to cancel - it sounded like they had been to one of my meetings where I had to convince someone to keep the product: they made a good effort.

#67     Jul 4, 2007
  8. As far as the guy who made that challenge, he was exposed as a big time paper faker, who was caught scaling-out of trades that he had never entered by a member of his own clueless fraternity.

I'm just doing an analysis of their shitty setups man, we don't need to get all personal here. It speaks volumes that a desperate seeker such as yourself even needs the room ...

Jimmy Jam

#68     Jul 4, 2007
  9. Mate I really dont use it I have it cause I got it at the opening $70 a month rate and cant be bothered to cancel. Actually i wasnt getting personal really about these guys or this thread but you in general are such a big mouth no nothing on every subject and across every thread you have really started to piss me off.

I still cant believe you read their transcripts GET A LIFE !!!!

#69     Jul 4, 2007
  10. Not at all.

I did it to get an indepent perspective on their trading room ... just like I did an independent analysis of the MaxSpan setup after notouch said it lost about $7,000 for the month of June, 2007 and determined that it was more like, er, $5,000. :p

This is the type of work required to become a profitable trader, it's called due diligence.

Please don't take offsense. I understand the need for rooms like Puretick, especially for trades who either don't know how to develop profitable trading systems on their own through lack of knowledge and experience, or are not quite bright enough to do so.

The former give it a shot, eventually get their bearings in the marketplace and go off on their own, the latter stay and cheerlead, desperately hoping to cotinue their lucky roll.

Good trading, er luck.

Jimmy Jam

#70     Jul 4, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.